Stubborn win8 black screen

microgt

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Hello guys,

I've been using windows 8 for a few months now, and it was working fine until my external graphics card went bad that is, the I enabled my internal graphics card and fired my PC up, worked fine except I had to install the drivers for it, and so I did, however upon a restart all I got was a black screen after the loading windows logo, no matter what I do all I get is the black screen, after a few hard resets I get the "restart\troubleshoot" screen, but no matter what I end up choosing I still get the black screen, even If I go into safe mode...
Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

tigerred12

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
I had this problem with an nvidia graphics card and the only way i found to fix it was to go into safe mode and uninstall the drivers, otherwise it would have to be a reinstall, i sadly reinstalled 3 times before i realised it was the graphics driver and then later found out i could of gone into safe mode to uninstal the driver, not fun.

microgt

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Thanks for the reply :)

I did try to go into safe mode, but I was still greeted to that dreadful black screen, which really had me confused since safe usually doesn't load complex graphics drivers.