OfficeJet R40xi printer & Windows XP

Can OfficeJet R40xi printer connect and work with Windows
XP?
I've been through all of the install processes.
Same printer worked very well before I upgraded to
from "Windows Me" to "Windows XP".

Would appreciate any help.
A.T.

According to HP, Yes and XP should have the drivers for it.

--
Brian A.

Jack of all trades, Master of none. One can never truly be a master as there is
always more to learn.

"atrolls" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d38701c439cf$9da49900$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> Can OfficeJet R40xi printer connect and work with Windows
> XP?
> I've been through all of the install processes.
> Same printer worked very well before I upgraded to
> from "Windows Me" to "Windows XP".
>
> Would appreciate any help.
> A.T.

The problem is not the printer itself but the fact you appear to have kept
it connected during the upgrade from WindowsME to WindowsXP.

You must now UNINSTALL it correctly, before you can REINSTALL it.

The new drivers are built into XP.... HP's advice for installing the unit in
XP is at
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpu01853&lang=en&cc=us

--
Cari