Sign in with
Your question

Problem with graphics card pl0x help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 2, 2012 5:42:17 PM

hey guys i just need some help with my graphics card which is the His iceQ 6870 and my main problem is i have had some crashes recently but when only playing on saints row 3 only when i try and connect to a lan server over hamachi. when it crashes it makes the same noise from a BSOD like a constant tone very annoying and some lines over screen so i instantly go to my mum (that has a pc repair shop) and explained it and she said its most likely a video card problem. the other thing is that the card clearly states on it that its 15c under the normal temperature for a 6870 hence the IceQ in the name and that its also quieter but its been very lound and playing games like world of warcraft for a few hours the temp of my card is on 70c with 75% fan speed (which i can hear clearly-ish while wearing headphones.

anyone had problems with this card or any ideas if i can fix anyway before i go to the last action to try and get a refund-replacement would be great hopefully a quick fix because i have a youtube and dont like to not put videos up and also with the new MOP world of warcraft expansion i need my pc

Thanks anyway.
MrTeamTactical

Link to the card if you want to see from the official website http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-592.shtml

I bought it off a website called ebuyer.com but its a trusted website that i always buy off its like the UK version of newegg.
a c 291 U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 5:58:53 PM

Sounds indeed like the card is faulty. 70°C is not a lot for a graphics card, but those lines point to the graphics card. I'd contact the warranty.
a b U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 5:59:12 PM

It could be the Hamachi network driver causing the BSOD. You should read the information in the BSOD, it will generally tell you what caused it.

If it says "atikmdag.sys" in it or even something very close, it's the video card, if not, then obviously its not the video card or it's drivers.

I'm leaning towards the Hamachi drivers though since you state that it only happens when connecting via Hamachi.
Related resources
September 2, 2012 6:13:42 PM

the thing is that i spent about 4 hours playing it last night with my friend with no problems i try today and it crashes my pc but its not a bsod it has a sound alot like it but then the screen its just horizontal lines
a b U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 6:25:12 PM

Ok, that does sound like driver issues then, I'd say run driver sweeper in safe mode after uninstalling the current drivers, and reinstall the most recent ones. 12.7beta I think.
a c 106 U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 6:41:00 PM

cliffro said:
Ok, that does sound like driver issues then, I'd say run driver sweeper in safe mode after uninstalling the current drivers, and reinstall the most recent ones. 12.7beta I think.

latest will be 12.8, though its more stable for older cards to use older drivers sometimes.
!