clay9477

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Hi people! I'm currently planning on a new build. Would like your feedback and user experience if possible.
Below are my choices. By the way all prices are my local prices and I am not from the states.

Mobo: Z77-Extreme4 +G620 or MSI-Z77A-G45 +620 ~ both mobo and cpu are going at $250 bundled together [New Ivy-bridge Pentium 2120 is not out here yet will opt for it if it comes before I purchase my build]
(The reason for the CPU is that I will be only doing light gaming, Microsoft office and net surfing with 1 graphic card hence I see no need for an i3 or i5 for now. Z77 chip-set is due to the SATA III ports and USB ports. Also I might want to OC in the future with a new CPU.)

PSU: Seasonic X660W~$170- (You might say its a bit of overkill but I don't see myself having a need to change the psu in my next upgrade hence my choice for this now.)

GPU: XFX 7750 Black Edition~$149

The question though is that Z77-Extreme 4 is not fully ATX in its size (12.0-in x 8.6-in, 30.5 cm x 21.8 cm). What kind of issue can I expect while attempting to place it in a NZXT Phantom 410? Also, I have read that (http://www.overclock.net/t/1271002/asrock-z77-vrm-phase-cooling-badly-needed) there is a heat issue with regards to sandy bridge cpu. As G620 is 65W TDP max does it means I am safe from heat issues since Ivy-Bridge CPU TPD max is 77W hence it should be pretty stable with my G620?

Also I would like to ask if 1333Mhz ram would work with the above bundled mobo and cpu since G620 only supports 1066MHz but my mobo can support 1333Mhz.

Thanks and sorry for the long posting. :D

socialfox

Distinguished
You will not encounter any problems installing it, all it means is that you wont need to put in all the standoffs for the computer case for supporting the motherboard. In addition, a 65 TDP max CPU will produce less heat just get a nice cooler for it if your planning to overclock it if not the stock cooler is enough. Your CPU will downclock the ram to 1066mhz unless you wish to change it manually in the bios with a little bit of overclocking of the CPU.

- Socialfox :)