Dell Studio XPS 435t/9000

cjones_45

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
We are having crash problems when playing games on line. I am wanting to try upgrading the graphic card. running GeForce GT 220 on Dell XPS 435/t9000 desktop right now. PSU 475 w. operating system is upgraded 7 from vista when purchased. What's a good card that will fit this system. Can upgrade PSU if needed.

Solution
All the cards will without any problems will handle two monitors. As for draw backs of having a card without fan: You need to clean the dust out of it every 2 months, or it will start overheating. And yes, it's possible to upgrade more.

Power supply unit: Corsair CX 500 - $59.99
Graphics card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 - $259.99

To be honest, it all depends on your budget, and if you don't want to spend that much - the first card recommended will work without any problems as well! Though, of course, HD 7870 will play games on higher settings/with more frames per second ;). It's twice as fast.

cjones_45

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
running dual screens, minecraft on one, runescape on the other. Temp reaches 110 C and then computer goes into power save mode. have to hold power button to completely shut it down and back on.

cjones_45

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Around $150. would like something quiet. Power supply is Flextronics . system information: intel core i7 cpu 920 2.67ghz. 6 gb ram. windows 7 home premium, 64 bit.

cjones_45

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
what's the draw back to a card without a fan? What power supply can my computer handle if I upgrade that also - would fit be an issue? I'd like to get some good performance without upgrading anything other than the card and power supply - is that possible with current processor, ram, motherboard. Budget could be doubled if necessary

All the cards will without any problems will handle two monitors. As for draw backs of having a card without fan: You need to clean the dust out of it every 2 months, or it will start overheating. And yes, it's possible to upgrade more.

Power supply unit: Corsair CX 500 - $59.99
Graphics card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 - $259.99

To be honest, it all depends on your budget, and if you don't want to spend that much - the first card recommended will work without any problems as well! Though, of course, HD 7870 will play games on higher settings/with more frames per second ;). It's twice as fast.

Solution

cjones_45

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Looked at the 7870 - sold on that one. Little scared of the power source after reading some of the reviews. Any other suggestions on PSUs that will fit my case and work with the 7870?

TRENDING THREADS