How can i record my xbox gameplay

j0ndezzy

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Sorry if this is in the wrong section but i want to start recording my call of duty gameplays to show on youtube and make montages. My dilemma is my xbox is in my movie room and my aunt sleeps in there while my desktop is in the other room so i wouldnt have a cord long enough to stretch out from my computer to the xbox what can i do to get my gameplays

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Just bring the xbox to your computer and hook it up to a video capture card or cable and view it through your monitor.

If for some reason you have to keep the xbox in that room, there are wireless video senders available, not sure if they would cause any lag though.

^ this is the common sense solution. Xbox and computers are movable. HDMI cables can also be quite long. What does your aunt sleeping in there have to do with the recording if you are already forced to play in that room on an xbox for some strange reason?

A better option would be to not waste your time as no one cares about yet another bad YouTube video of an old crappy game, especially people using a PC watching a bad vid of a bad game from an xbox

evti

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Aside from the above option, you could buy a capture card, such as this thing. You hook it up to your Xbox and TV, and it records the data from the screen onto a PVR. You then upload it to the computer, encode it, and it's ready for uploading/editing/whatever.