Computer freezing and sound issues

ethyiel

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
I bought the computer about 2 years ago from a forum where the guy had it build customly.

Specs:
MoBo: Asus P6T deluxe motherboard
Graphics Card: Asus gtx 560 ti
CPU: Intel core i7 965x
Ram: 12GB corsair DDR3 xms3
Im also running dual monitors if that helps?

The issue crops up occasionally when playing games such as WoW and LoL. The computer runs fine, high fps with the top quality settings, then something just stops and i get short 3 or 4 second bits of normal running then a 10 second complete screen freeze, but sound still continues. So i can still talk to people in skype while it is frozen. This continues on the desktop after i close the game. The short normal bit then a long freeze. During the freezing section if i for example click the space bar twice, once the freezing stops there is 2 beeps, or if i click it 3 times i get 3 beeps...
Also just the mouse cursor will go all pixelated and multi-coloured or sometimes just completely disappear with everything else being normal whilst the freezing is occurring? Really strange...

Then the issue with the sound is separate to the freezing, when playing games and listening to music at the same time, i get crackly sound which then leads to the game lagging whilst the sound goes. This generally occurs with just higher pitched sounds and i have tried switching from headset to speakers and it still does this.

I know that's a lot of issues in one go but they don't point in any direction? I get no error messages that i can see which makes it very difficult to detect. I know the obvious thing to do would be to take it to a pc repairs shop but i dont have the money for it at the moment. :sarcastic:

ethyiel

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Ok will do, but sorry to be a pain. What do you mean by running with onboard video? Not so good with computers.

TRENDING THREADS