My Computer is relatively new, not even a month old. Here are the specs:

Spoiler
AMD FX 6100
Asus M5A97 R2.0
XFX 7770 Black Edition
8GB Corsair Vengeance
500GB Caviar Green HDD
Coolermaster GX 650w

Today whilst playing a game, it appears that I disconnect from the internet. But I don't. I was in Teamspeak and received no Timing out error and the same goes for League of Legends (The game I was playing at the time) I decide to alt tab, nothing. I go to ctrl alt delete, nothing again. My mouse and keyboard at this point are unresponsive but the game keeps running at a nice 130+ fps. Which is weird, I'd assume the game to also stop responding along with my peripherals. So I reboot the computer via the power switch. Upon booting back up, all of my fans spin up, the hard drive spins up. But there's no beep. No signal to my monitor. I try mixing the RAM and the slots around. Still nothing. I've removed the RAM completely and removed my graphics card. Still nothing. I went to reset the CMOS and realised that there appears to be no jumper at all. Only the battery - Will removing this and re-installing it correct my issue?

Normally, I get no POST screens when booting up which I can only assume is because of running my display through HDMI as when I run it through VGA on an older monitor, I get POST screens.

I've yet to try looking at it with VGA in case it gives me some form of error code but I am currently unable to do this until tomorrow.

A thing to note is that my Motherboard is ever so slightly loose at the top right hand corner due to a flimsy screw that is in needs of replacement. It is causing the motherboard to lean forward by a very small margin. Surely this wouldn't cause TOO much of a concern this early on?

Only things I can recall as changing too much in terms of Software and Hardware are my recent installation of a DVD Drive, but I have had that running for just under a week with no issues. Installed stuff using it and everything, no issues. I plugged in a webcam for Skype into my motherboard's USBs. After realizing I needed those ports for something else, I decided to swap it to one of my front USBs. As I am running Windows 8, there were no recent drivers supported for it so I installed the Windows 7 ones and everything ran find for the duration of its use. A few hours after using it was when the 'crash' occurred.

Any kind of help is highly appreciated as I invested a fair amount of cash into this PC and I would hate for anything permanent to have happened.

Many thanks.

More about : newly built died

October 29, 2012 11:07:49 PM

OK, so it seems you tried posting the PC without any add on cards, as well as without any ram, but have you tried using a power supply tester? Just because you get power, doesnt mean you have a bad rail, or a bad voltage (IE, no 3.3 or 5v, etc).

Wouldnt worry about the battery unless you were attempting to overclock, in which case, remove the power to the power supply, and take out the battery for a few minutes.

Where you monitoring the motherboard/cpu/case temps for awhile? You should do this for at least the first few days or so.

What are you seeing when you run that old monitor?

Have you made sure that no USB devices are plugged in while attempting to reboot?
October 29, 2012 11:15:56 PM

How would I go about using a power supply tester?

I've been monitoring temps for a while. CPU seemed to run at around 30 degrees celcius under heavy load.

GPU was around 30-40 celcius, also under heavy load.

On the old monitor, using VGA. I could see the POST screens and the Asus Screen telling me the keys for things such as BIOS etc. If I were to enter BIOS with my HDMI I would have to hit F8 several times as a guess. Upon entering BIOS it would be zoomed in on the top left hand corner, not allowing me to do much. With VGA I could view the BIOS just fine.

At the present moment, I cannot use the VGA until tomorrow.

I've tried with just the Power and with HDMI/power.

All still the same result.
Related resources
October 30, 2012 12:08:56 AM

Just as an addition, reset the CMOS and nothings changed.
a c 113 B Homebuilt system
October 30, 2012 12:31:52 AM

The only way your CPU would run at 30C under heavy load is if your ambient temps were in the teens and you were water cooling.

You had a hard lock. The fact that you had sound and basic animation in your game does not mean too much... except perhaps that your GPU was not at fault.

Unplug everything from the SATA ports. Connect to a monitor via VGA, and see if you can get to a BIOS screen. If not, attach a motherboard speaker to the board and check for beeps. Remove the RAM and check again.

If all that fails it's either the CPU or MB that has failed.

I don't trust your PSU too much but it did pass a competent technical review
http://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon...

And is unlikely to cause this sort of issue, at this sort of load... your system would not be stressing it.

October 30, 2012 9:53:51 AM

Yeh, I've had the feeling for a while that either my sensors on the CPU are pretty bad or the program I use (CoreTemp) is rubbish.

I've moved the computer downstairs into my kitchen as it allows more space for me to take it apart etc etc.

Upon plugging it in, with all the original parts etc in it. I recieved 2 beeps - Which, If I remember rightly is a DRAM refresh failure? I turnt off the system and stuck in an old graphics card (which I need as neither my current GPU or Mobo actually have VGA) and stick it into the older monitor. Everything has booted up as normal and I need to reconfigure my bios as I reset the CMOS.

I'm thinking either there's some power fluctuations where I normally run the computer or the graphics card is faulty.

I'll swap out the usual socket I use for the computers power for one with a surge protector and see what happens.
October 30, 2012 12:00:25 PM

Alright, I've plugged in the old card and when it's not connect via VGA I get a beep error code that I can't keep up with. I think it's 1-3-2. Something around that. However, I plug it into the monitor and it boots up fine straight to my desktop.

I try this with my newer graphics card, without VGA, and I recieve 2 beeps. They are of different tones so I can't really determine whether the second is a short or a long one. The first is definitely a short.

Why is it so difficult for the computer to show me post screens and the BIOs when I am running HDMI? So frustrating.
a c 113 B Homebuilt system
October 30, 2012 8:32:50 PM

You are either connecting via VGA or HDMI. Are you sure that is HDMI and not DVI? And if you are not using DVI, could you?

HDMI is a very different interface. It works much like a network connection, where packets of data are sent and acknowledged... very much a two-way connection. If both ends aren't speaking the exact same language it's chaos.

You are swapping an old card in and out with a new one.... how are you doing that? Have you removed all graphics drivers and just using generic Windows drivers?
!