Lunatasian

Jul 5, 2012
Hello, I decided to build a computer with these specs. The total cost comes to $280 including shipping (on eBay).
Case: Cooler Master - Elite 343 Micro ATX Mini Tower @ $35
Motherboard+Cpu Combo: MSI FM1 AMD A55 Motherboard and AMD A4-Series A4-3400 APU @$95
RAM: 2x4 GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR3 RAM @50
Graphics Card: Galaxy GeForce GT 440 2GB DDR3 @ $41
HDD: Western Digital Caviar 160 GB 7200 RPM @ $16
Power Supply: Cooler Master - Elite 400-Watt ATX CPU Power Supply @$30
DVD Drive: AGPTek @$16
Extra fan: Cooler Master - 120mm Case Cooling Fan @$6

My main question is, will the CPU be able to handle the graphics card without bottlenecking, and will the PSU fit in the Micro ATX case?
Will this build be able to play APB: Reloaded at Low-mid settings, BFHeroes on High, Maplestory on High, Runescape on Mid-high, and BF Play4Free on Mid-High?
If you think this build is not good and you have the time, please show me your configurations (with websites) for under $280 total. Thanks!

Thats a very moderate ccomputer in terms of horsepower ,

Whether it can play games at what settings will be determined by by the resolution of your monitor .
You can make some very simple changes that will improve things a lot . The first is to use an AMMD graphics card . Some models can work with the graphics built in to an APU and give you a kind of crossfire . You will need to research on AMD's website which models will work with the 3400 apu

I would also save money on the RAM . 2 x2 gig is plenty for gaming . That may make it possible to afford a better power supply . Ideally 80+ bronze [ or better ] rated .

Or a better more powerful APU .

A friend has a laptop with an equivalent APU and a radeon graphics card and it games decently on a 1366 x 768 screen

Lunatasian

Jul 5, 2012
Ok, so I found that the 6450 crossfires with this APU. Are you saying that it will give better gaming performance than the GT 440. Because the benchmarks show that 6450 is much lower than the GT 440. Will I get a significant boost so that performance will be as good as or better than the GT 440?

Lunatasian

Jul 5, 2012
Also, will my PSU be able to handle the graphics card and other parts. It says that the GT 440 needs a PSU w/ 22 amps. But, I need a good PSU under $40 with at least 22 amps. Can someone help me on finding one?

The Corsair CX 430 is often $24 after rebate on Newegg