Solved

Will i have enough power

19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will power
  1. Best answer
    The 650w has enough power, lacks the native pcie connectors, your choice on wether to upgrade or not
  2. so it will be ok but i doesnt have the native pcie's?and yes i do know what they are but is there another psu with the natives around the same price
  3. ok thank you for your help
  4. Best answer selected by devilofdeaths.
  5. It's one 12V rail, and so there's no difference using molex to 6-pin adapters.
  6. cuecuemore said:
    It's one 12V rail, and so there's no difference using molex to 6-pin adapters.

i'm not sure that the tx650 has that many molex plugs
  7. You need four for the adapters, which would leave you four for other things. Do you need more than four Molex for fans and such?

Edit: And if you're using them for fans they can be daisy-chained, so really this comes down to a cable management/aesthetics issue, and not a "will it work" issue.
  8. cuecuemore said:
    You need four for the adapters, which would leave you four for other things. Do you need more than four Molex for fans and such?

i dont use the molex's for the fans i just plug the fans strait into the mobo and it take 2 molex for 1 6-pin so that's 8 molex that i would need according to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQUhfhVw-L4 go to about 5:25 it takes 2 molex per 6-pin
  9. cuecuemore said:
    so really this comes down to a cable management/aesthetics issue, and not a "will it work" issue.

Yes
    But if you're buying a new psu why would you buy one that requires the use of adapters ?
    Just because the similarly priced psu with the right amount of connectors happens to be a " Rosewill " ?
  10. but will the corsair hx650 be good enough for the 2 gpu's
  11. Sorry, I misread the OP. I read "upgrade to a 750w" and not the way it's written, so I thought OP already owned it. But just so you know, you'd only need 4x free Molex because you would already have 2x 6+2 pin PCIe built in, enough for one card.
  12. cuecuemore said:
    Sorry, I misread the OP. I read "upgrade to a 750w" and not the way it's written, so I thought OP already owned it. But just so you know, you'd only need 4x free Molex because you would already have 2x 6+2 pin PCIe built in, enough for one card.

Just reread it myself, and yeah, he might already own the Corsair
  13. oh wow im suprised that i forgot about those but should i get the 650w or the 750w because evga recommended a 450w for 1 but i dont know about 2 and i did say upgrade sorry i didnt mean that
  14. devilofdeaths said:
    oh wow im suprised that i forgot about those but should i get the 650w or the 750w because evga recommended a 450w for 1 but i dont know about 2 and i did say upgrade sorry i didnt mean that

Dou you already own the TX650 ?
  15. delluser1 said:
    Dou you already own the TX650 ?

no i misused the word and i am sorry for all the confusion
  16. Connector issues aside, you don't need a 750w unit to run two of them. VGA companies will always overshoot on the requirements, and what their recommendation means is that generally you can run a single card even on a no-name low-quality "450w" PSU. But you can't ever have too much power on tap, so that's up to you.
  17. i think i will go with the 650w version so ty guys for all your help
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Graphics