Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will i have enough power

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
a b U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 11:02:28 PM

i know this is a longshot but can 2: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... be used with http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LB5AZY/ref=ox_sc_a... or will i need to upgrade to a 750w version

More about : power

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 11:10:35 PM

The 650w has enough power, lacks the native pcie connectors, your choice on wether to upgrade or not
Share
a b U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 11:14:26 PM

so it will be ok but i doesnt have the native pcie's?and yes i do know what they are but is there another psu with the natives around the same price
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 11:21:45 PM

ok thank you for your help
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 11:21:55 PM

Best answer selected by devilofdeaths.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 2, 2012 11:31:57 PM

It's one 12V rail, and so there's no difference using molex to 6-pin adapters.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 12:32:23 AM

cuecuemore said:
It's one 12V rail, and so there's no difference using molex to 6-pin adapters.

i'm not sure that the tx650 has that many molex plugs
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 1:07:33 AM

You need four for the adapters, which would leave you four for other things. Do you need more than four Molex for fans and such?

Edit: And if you're using them for fans they can be daisy-chained, so really this comes down to a cable management/aesthetics issue, and not a "will it work" issue.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 1:13:02 AM

cuecuemore said:
You need four for the adapters, which would leave you four for other things. Do you need more than four Molex for fans and such?

i dont use the molex's for the fans i just plug the fans strait into the mobo and it take 2 molex for 1 6-pin so that's 8 molex that i would need according to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQUhfhVw-L4 go to about 5:25 it takes 2 molex per 6-pin
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 1:44:50 AM

cuecuemore said:
so really this comes down to a cable management/aesthetics issue, and not a "will it work" issue.

Yes
But if you're buying a new psu why would you buy one that requires the use of adapters ?
Just because the similarly priced psu with the right amount of connectors happens to be a " Rosewill " ?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 2:09:22 AM

but will the corsair hx650 be good enough for the 2 gpu's
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 2:10:44 AM

Sorry, I misread the OP. I read "upgrade to a 750w" and not the way it's written, so I thought OP already owned it. But just so you know, you'd only need 4x free Molex because you would already have 2x 6+2 pin PCIe built in, enough for one card.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 2:19:05 AM

cuecuemore said:
Sorry, I misread the OP. I read "upgrade to a 750w" and not the way it's written, so I thought OP already owned it. But just so you know, you'd only need 4x free Molex because you would already have 2x 6+2 pin PCIe built in, enough for one card.

Just reread it myself, and yeah, he might already own the Corsair
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 2:21:58 AM

oh wow im suprised that i forgot about those but should i get the 650w or the 750w because evga recommended a 450w for 1 but i dont know about 2 and i did say upgrade sorry i didnt mean that
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 2:22:46 AM

devilofdeaths said:
oh wow im suprised that i forgot about those but should i get the 650w or the 750w because evga recommended a 450w for 1 but i dont know about 2 and i did say upgrade sorry i didnt mean that

Dou you already own the TX650 ?

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 2:35:31 AM

delluser1 said:
Dou you already own the TX650 ?

no i misused the word and i am sorry for all the confusion
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 2:36:26 AM

Connector issues aside, you don't need a 750w unit to run two of them. VGA companies will always overshoot on the requirements, and what their recommendation means is that generally you can run a single card even on a no-name low-quality "450w" PSU. But you can't ever have too much power on tap, so that's up to you.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 2:45:24 AM

i think i will go with the 650w version so ty guys for all your help
m
0
l
!