Before I continue, here is my hardware;

CPU: Intel i5 760

GPU: Asus gtx 660 ti

Mainboard: P7P55D-3 PRO

Ram: 4 gb

HDD: Caviar black 1TB

PSU: XILENCE Gaming Edition XP700 700W

Running on windows 7 64 bit.

So i have recently bought gtx 660 ti and i am playing Guild Wars 2. I have some in-game fps problems but i think that the key to that problem maybe in another problem which is I am also having huge fps drops when i try to zoom in and out in the map. I have tried all the configurations and settings but there is no difference. Only reflections setting in the game is making a difference for in-game fps but i think the problem is still there. Because with that card i shouldn't be getting fps drops from 55 to 25 some time below that (especially in Lion's Arch for people who is familiar with the game). I am runnig the GPU on the latest 306.02 driver. Everything is up to date. So please help me with this people.

Thanks.
September 3, 2012 12:52:34 AM

XILENCE Gaming Edition XP700 700W

a b Î Nvidia
September 3, 2012 12:54:09 AM

What power supply are you running?
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
September 3, 2012 1:01:07 AM

Can you give me some information on that power supply?
September 3, 2012 1:16:34 AM

Sorry i had to search for that information a bit
here it is: XILENCE Gaming Edition SPS-XP700.(135)R3 700W APFC 13.5 cm Fan
September 3, 2012 1:23:31 AM

Actually it is XILENCE Gaming Edition XP700 700W with a slight difference
Sorry but i have buildt the pc 2 years ago now :D 
September 3, 2012 1:36:01 AM

Maybe your i% is bottlenecking it
a b Î Nvidia
September 3, 2012 1:44:23 AM

streetfarter said:
Hi all,

Before I continue, here is my hardware;

CPU: Intel i5 760

GPU: Asus gtx 660 ti

Mainboard: P7P55D-3 PRO

Ram: 4 gb

HDD: Caviar black 1TB

PSU: XILENCE Gaming Edition XP700 700W

Running on windows 7 64 bit.

So i have recently bought gtx 660 ti and i am playing Guild Wars 2. I have some in-game fps problems but i think that the key to that problem maybe in another problem which is I am also having huge fps drops when i try to zoom in and out in the map. I have tried all the configurations and settings but there is no difference. Only reflections setting in the game is making a difference for in-game fps but i think the problem is still there. Because with that card i shouldn't be getting fps drops from 55 to 25 some time below that (especially in Lion's Arch for people who is familiar with the game). I am runnig the GPU on the latest 306.02 driver. Everything is up to date. So please help me with this people.

Thanks.

This is normal behaviour for most MMORPGs and Guild Wars 2 is no exception. I get periodic slow down on my overclocked 7970s. There's nothing at all that you can do, it's just the way the game is coded.
September 3, 2012 1:57:01 AM

Pinhedd said:
This is normal behaviour for most MMORPGs and Guild Wars 2 is no exception. I get periodic slow down on my overclocked 7970s. There's nothing at all that you can do, it's just the way the game is coded.

But i asked a lot of people in-game if they were having the same issue with map zooming, and no one seems to have that :/ 
a b Î Nvidia
September 3, 2012 2:09:39 AM

streetfarter said:
But i asked a lot of people in-game if they were having the same issue with map zooming, and no one seems to have that :/ 

It's most likely loading sections of the map from the hard drive. A lot of people will have the game on an SSD and/or not perceive the problem as you do. "lag" is very subjective, many seasoned MMO gamers are simply used to it by now
September 3, 2012 2:13:34 AM

Pinhedd said:
It's most likely loading sections of the map from the hard drive. A lot of people will have the game on an SSD and/or not perceive the problem as you do. "lag" is very subjective, many seasoned MMO gamers are simply used to it by now

My fps drops to 3-5 fps when i zoom out and in map after 1 second it comes back to normal but when i zoom out further same thing again. And other people are saying that it's very smooth for them, I think they would realize that, if it was like mine for them
a b Î Nvidia
September 3, 2012 2:22:50 AM

streetfarter said:
My fps drops to 3-5 fps when i zoom out and in map after 1 second it comes back to normal but when i zoom out further same thing again. And other people are saying that it's very smooth for them, I think they would realize that, if it was like mine for them

It's smooth for me too, but I'm also running it from a separate SSD than my OS. You're presumably running both from a single Caviar Black. It's more than likely just a data-access issue. Like any other 32 bit application the game is very light on memory usage
September 3, 2012 2:27:27 AM

Pinhedd said:
It's smooth for me too, but I'm also running it from a separate SSD than my OS. You're presumably running both from a single Caviar Black. It's more than likely just a data-access issue. Like any other 32 bit application the game is very light on memory usage

My friend is running the game like me from hdd. Except for his cpu is i5 2500K and his gpu is 560ti and he has no issues what so ever.
a b Î Nvidia
September 3, 2012 2:43:01 AM

streetfarter said:
My friend is running the game like me from hdd. Except for his cpu is i5 2500K and his gpu is 560ti and he has no issues what so ever.

Are you running at the same resolution? 25 FPS in Lions Arch sounds perfectly normal to me
September 3, 2012 2:48:08 AM

lol i have solved this by downgrading the vga driver to 304.87 which came with the card. i am having between 45 - 25 fps now at lion's arch. Isn't that weird now?
a b Î Nvidia
September 3, 2012 2:55:42 AM

Strange. My friend who has a 570 said that the 304 drivers had a lot of crash issues. Supposedly the 306 drivers are more stable.
September 3, 2012 2:57:17 AM

I know that but i guess i'll go with the crash rather than 5 fps on map
September 9, 2012 8:35:03 PM

I have a 660 Ti too and after messing around with this problem I found a solution.
First of all I highly suggest to download latest driver (306.02 certified).
Then go in Nvidia control panel, 3D settings and
1) Disable Ambient Occlusion, GW2 is not compatible with it.
2) Set Antialiasing Transparency to Supersample x8. I noticed the FPS drop on map zoom is caused by AATS being set on Multisample.
September 10, 2012 4:38:35 AM

Oni Link said:
I have a 660 Ti too and after messing around with this problem I found a solution.
First of all I highly suggest to download latest driver (306.02 certified).
Then go in Nvidia control panel, 3D settings and
1) Disable Ambient Occlusion, GW2 is not compatible with it.
2) Set Antialiasing Transparency to Supersample x8. I noticed the FPS drop on map zoom is caused by AATS being set on Multisample.

I will explain the problem in more detail for you.
After installing the latest driver and go in the game there is no problem with the map(whether i restart the pc or not) , right there my nvidia control panel settings stays default. Then i go in the nvidia contro panel and do some adjustments there is still no problem but after restarting the pc then the map problem starts again and will not go away untill another driver installation. It needs a clean driver installation by the way the one that sets everything to default.

Are you having exact same symptoms as me?
Also i want to add one more thing. If the case was about those settings in the control panel then there should be a lot more people having that issue, but you are the second person i have seen having this problem as me (the other one was having it during beta)

Right now i have given my card for RMA process but i don't know if they will decide that the card is faulty. I wish they do so i can buy a 670 for the same price from another retailer :p 
!