mamba238

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2012
Hello Guys, I recently build a pc. when I'm using it, nothing has happen, but when I leave the pc on sleep mode the pc shuts down by itself and it restarts by itself and a screen pops up, and it gives me the option to choose... to start windows normally, safe mode, safe mode with network, etc. What could be this problem?

Solution
But your forum title says "PC turning off randomly" lol. So if it's not random, then it might just be some hardware/BIOS compatibility issues. I wish I could help more, but I haven't experienced this problem myself yet.

Mike332

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
I wanted to say that it was that your PSU isn't sufficient enough, but now I'm not sure. It looks like you don't have a GPU, which is easily the most power-demanding thing in a rig. Have you opted for a PSU with more watts? Usually, random shutdowns are linked to PSUs - either failing or not sufficient enough. And you just built this, right? These components should be in good condition.

Try reseating everything again and tell us if that solves your problems, or doesn't. If it doesn't, I'd consider testing the PSU's volts to be sure they're spitting out the proper voltages. I know the thing is new, but you never know lol. Doesn't take too much time to do it either, provided you have a voltmeter/multimeter.

Mike, I think you may have responded to a different post :)

The shutdowns are not random, but occur at or during sleep mode.

One example of an issue that might cause this would be that hybrid sleep mode or hibernation was enabled, and not compatible with the SSD.

A BIOS update might also help. I see on the list several recent improvements that might effect this issue:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.us.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS&Model=Z77%20Extreme4

mamba238

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2012

And which are the ones that I have to download from that site?

Mike332

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
But your forum title says "PC turning off randomly" lol. So if it's not random, then it might just be some hardware/BIOS compatibility issues. I wish I could help more, but I haven't experienced this problem myself yet.

Solution