Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Noise and fan problems on brand new computer

Last response: in Systems
October 30, 2012 3:15:37 AM

Okay. I'm not sure exactly what to do if I should return the items or whatever but here's my problems and ice tried just about everything I know to fix them. So I'm hopeless and need to guidance before I smash everything. :) 

The Evga 670 gtx ftw sounds like a harrier jet that I can literally hear from down a flight of stairs away. Drives me insane.

And the "heatsink" fan provided with the i5 3570k processor starts to spin about 4-6 seconds after clicking it on, so basically is this delay bad? But the blow dryer instantly works and gives me a head ache.

I've thought that it may just be me being picky with the noise produced but I can't imagine it is widely accepted.

What do I do ? :( 
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
October 30, 2012 3:23:47 AM

the nVidia software should have a way of controlling fan speed

havent used it for a while soi cant tell you exactly

Another option is to put the computer in another room
Score
October 30, 2012 3:30:39 AM

Okay, how would I be able to access that ? (I don't expect you to know if it's been a while).

However when I did try to install the drivers. It said it found no compatible hardware and there was no sign or recognition of the card. Even in the screen resolution graphic card options.

Thank you! Atleast I know I can turn down the air. It's louder than the hurricane outside -_-
Score
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
October 30, 2012 3:34:16 AM

If you have the drivers installed(hit nvidia.com for the latest), the video card fan should slow down as power management kicks in.

Please use HWmonitor or similar to see if the card is getting too hot. That fan should almost NEVER get that loud.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

The cpu fan thing is normal, I have some systems that do the same thing.

EDIT.

seen your new post.

Some users run the monitor sound and usb through a wall into the next room so they do not have to hear the computer at all. for real some do
Score
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
October 30, 2012 4:12:03 AM

TPMYPP said:
Okay, how would I be able to access that ? (I don't expect you to know if it's been a while).

However when I did try to install the drivers. It said it found no compatible hardware and there was no sign or recognition of the card. Even in the screen resolution graphic card options.

Thank you! Atleast I know I can turn down the air. It's louder than the hurricane outside -_-

http://www.nvidia.com/object/performance_group.html

the software should be on the disk you were shipped with the card , but you may as well download the latest update direct from nVidia

It will also give you temperature read outs .
Score

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
October 30, 2012 4:49:29 AM

for cpu fans now it normal for them to spin up a few sec latter then the other fans. most mb now have anti surge built into them.
they try to slowly bring the power on iteam one at a time or a few sec after each other to keep the power from spiking the power supply. on the video card the drivers wont see the video card till you install the motherboard chipset drivers. also make sure that if the video card has two 6/8 pin power plug there both plugged in and the 4/8 pin power to the mb is connected.
also check that your running your monitor off of the gpu and not the onboard video. most nvidia video card at power up will test the fan (spin up to 100 percent for one min) then slow down to the bios set point of the video card. most time it 30-40 percent.
if the cpu not slowing down then the card not working right.
November 7, 2012 12:46:06 PM

Best answer selected by TPMYPP.
Score
!