GPU Upgrade

ok recently i sold my HD 4870 1GB for $50 and was offered a new GTX 460 1GB SC for the same price and i want to know if its worth it. I play BF3, Skyrim, Batman ac, MP3, Sleeping Dogs, 2K12, assassins Creed Brotherhood & II and soon III, and COD series etc.
6 answers Last reply
More about upgrade
  1. if its the same price then I would go for it...thats like a free performance upgrade then. you would be looking at about a 35% performance increase with a standard clocked 460 over the 4870...I would def go for it..unless you have money to burn and want to pick up something with alot more umph...but I have a feeling the 460 would be fine for you bc you were able to work with a 4870 for this long
  2. drums101 said:
    if its the same price then I would go for it...thats like a free performance upgrade then. you would be looking at about a 35% performance increase with a standard clocked 460 over the 4870...I would def go for it..unless you have money to burn and want to pick up something with alot more umph...but I have a feeling the 460 would be fine for you bc you were able to work with a 4870 for this long

ok so how do you think it would do in BF3 at 1920x1080
  3. http://www.techspot.com/review/458-battlefield-3-performance/page5.html

here is a review it puts the standard clock 460 at about 40fps avg at 1080p with no AA

with since yours is overclocked to begin with you will see slightly higher performance.
  4. ok thx
  5. no problem man let me know if I could help you out more
  6. will do
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Graphics