Sign in with
Your question

Is this New Build Good enough?

Last response: in Systems
October 30, 2012 8:09:56 AM

Hello Dubbstepp here, today I would like to ask if this build is good enough for photo editing, video editing and gaming. If there are some parts that I need to change or there are things that I can add then just post below, and my budget is up to $2500.

Here is my upcoming build.

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
CPU: i7 3770k (planning for some mild overclocks)
GPU: EVGA GTX 680 ftw 4gb
RAM: G.skill Ripjaws X 16gb 1600mhz
HDD: Western Digital 1tb 7200rpm with 64gb cache
SSD: 2x Samsung 830 128gb (in raid 0)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 advanced
PSU: Seasonic X series 850w
Water cooling: Antech H20 929

So basically here are my questions
1. Is this good enough for photo editing, video editing and gaming?
2. Can this support 2 monitors?
3. Can I play games like Crysis 2 in max settings in one monitor while the second monitor is used as a resource center?
4. Is the PSU enough for the build?
5. Is the water cooling neccessary?
6. Can this build last for many years?
7. Are there some components that I need to change?

Well those are my questions and I hope that everyone will be able to help me :) 

More about : build good

October 30, 2012 8:36:51 AM

Your build is fine i would suggest getting a 670 instead because 680 is overpriced if you don't care it's overpriced keep it.No watercooling is not necessary it should last you a while i can't say how long because i can't see into the future lol.The power supply is more than enough.Yes it can support two monitors.
October 30, 2012 10:17:23 AM

I might be wrong - but dont you get more performance from a bigger single SSD rather than RAID-0'ing two smaller ones?

So 256GB SSD > RAID-0 128GB(x2)?

--------

"However, we should keep it in mind that modern SSDs have a tendency to get faster as their capacity grows even within the same product series, so a two-disk RAID0 may turn out to be slower than a single large-capacity SSD. "

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/storage/display/kigsto...
Related resources
October 30, 2012 11:39:27 AM

Thanks for replies and now I shall start buying the parts and start assembling this Big boy :) 
October 30, 2012 11:43:57 AM

bigcyco1 said:
Your build is fine i would suggest getting a 670 instead because 680 is overpriced if you don't care it's overpriced keep it.No watercooling is not necessary it should last you a while i can't say how long because i can't see into the future lol.The power supply is more than enough.Yes it can support two monitors.

Thanks for the reply but I would like to know how the water cooling is unnecessary, I would appreciate if you can explain further since I am quite paranoid if my mild overclocked i7 3770k will overheat and die soon.

If there are other water coolers or air coolers out there that you would recommend then please post some of them.

Thank you :) 
October 30, 2012 12:04:35 PM

Dubbstepp said:
Thanks for the reply but I would like to know how the water cooling is unnecessary, I would appreciate if you can explain further since I am quite paranoid if my mild overclocked i7 3770k will overheat and die soon.

If there are other water coolers or air coolers out there that you would recommend then please post some of them.

Thank you :) 
Well some people just buy aftermarket cpu coolers such as NH-D14 and some do custom loops in any event watercooling is not a must you can get it if you prefer ;) 
October 30, 2012 12:17:14 PM

Dubbstepp said:
Thanks for replies and now I shall start buying the parts and start assembling this Big boy :) 
Sounds good enjoy! :D 
!