I am putting together a new PC that I am hoping to use for gaming / light video editing / running virtual machines along with general us (Some of the virtual machines I will be running will be very resource hungry), my budget is about £450. I have built PCs before, but never one for gaming so I wanted to know if the components I have chosen will be ok and work together.
- Gigabyte GZ-G2 Gaming Case
- Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 DDR3 ATX
- AMD Piledriver FX8-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8 Core AM3+ 4.0GHz 16MB 125W
- Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) LP Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 240-pin DIMM CL10
- PowerColor RADEON HD6850 (1024 MB) (AX68501GBD5DH) Graphics Card
- Corsair Memory TX650 V2 650W ATX Enthusiast Series
- OCZ Petrol 64GB 2.5" SATAIII 75
- Samsung SpinPoint F3 2TB HD204UI 2000 GB SATA Hard Drive
Yeah, I think I've decided to splash out all the cash I have and go for the 7870. Thats interesting, would I be ok with less power say if i got the 550w instead?
A good 550W from Antec, FSP, or Seasonic will have the power for that card, and even a little more. Just make sure it has enough PCIe connectors for the card you're getting, or may get in the near future.