How do I overclock my soundcard?

FatBurger

Illustrious
What would you be trying to accomplish?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

svol

Champion
The only thing I could think of is that a faster PCI bus will result in less lagg between the PCI cards, so maybe other speed related cards work faster.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

perjon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2002
yahhhhhh!!!
hey,guys.
i think that's maybe improve the work of the card.
especially when data is too much and heavy.
sorry ,my poor english

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by perjon on 01/26/02 08:50 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Overclocking your sound card would produce no benefit, as Svol said. It could even cause it to work badly, if the FSB was raised beyond what the card could handle.

However, if you had a PCI bus hogging card like the SBLive, and a gigabit network card, then the gigabit would most likely be bottlenecked by the bus. Raising the PCI bus speed would very likely remove that bottleneck.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

burticus

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2002
It just needs more power. Take a 1/8" wire, plug it into the line-in jack on the sound card, then strip the other ends and plug them to your 110/220 AC outlet. Your sound card will have all the overclocking power you will ever need at that point. If it starts to spark, that just means it's working! Fire up counterstrike and go to town.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
Subject: Re: How do I overclock my soundcard?

is it possible??
Same way I over clock my mouse keyboard and monitor

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my north AND south bridges for trolls</font color=blue>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Don't forget the mousepad. I had to stick some huge heatsinks on the bottom of mine, but it's overclocked to hell and back.

Don't step in the sarcasm!

AMD_cErTiFiEd

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
Well it obviously wasnt intercooled was it. I put an Eaton supercharger on my kb at 14.5psi. You gotta see that thing go. And i even put a wheelybar on my computer chair and a 5 point harness. MOHAA can get away real quick

Blame the newbies not the technology

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
you oughta hear my overclocked 4.1 speakers !!! raised em from 20,000khz to 40,000khz ... drives the dog NUTZ!!

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my north AND south bridges for trolls</font color=blue>

burticus

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2002
You will need to put heatsinks on your speakers though as they will get real hot. An alpha on each speaker should be plenty. Use lots of thermal paste.

funkdog

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
Do they make a shim for speakers, cuz after a few time taking my alpha sinks on an off, I've seemed to develop some chipping of the speakers, although this hasn't hindered their performance yet.

<b>"These are my thoughts, your mileage may vary."