$500 build-compatible?

I'm about to buy these parts and I just want to make sure everything is compatible with each other. I can take some suggestions but they can't be any higher price than what I have now and they must be from Amazon. Also, I want some opinions on which case I should buy :3. Will the heatsink be small enough to fit in the case?
EDIT:This will not be just for gaming. I will be doing some video editing and Handbrake with it :)

Phenom II X4 965 BE
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SRQ214/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002G1YPH0/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=13EX428YPPAH7X5DABM1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

MSI Computer Corp. Motherboard North Bridge AMD 970
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0073JYZ48/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Kingston Technology HyperX 4 GB Kit (2x2 GB Modules)
http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-Modules-KHX1600C9D3K2-4GX/dp/B002TUQ1P2/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1351641927&sr=1-10&keywords=ram+4+gb+ddr3+2x2

Antec EarthWatts EA-650 Green 650 Watt 80 PLUS BRONZE
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NBZAES/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

MSI AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB GDDR5
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089KJRLG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&smid=A2NG4HB43UEDVL

Syba Connectland CL-ADA31002 DVI Male to VGA Female Adapter
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R0DZXU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&smid=A2BC0LW6HPSTVP

Western Digital 320 GB WD Blue SATA III 7200 RPM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00461E7JE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=AICY0DU2B7C4U

Cases:
Cooler Master HAF 912
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZM7YTA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thermaltake V3 Black AMD Edition Gaming Chassis
http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Gaming-Chassis-Computer-VL800P1W2N/dp/B007BDJ5SM/ref=sr_1_77?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1351630995&sr=1-77&keywords=case

Cooler Master Elite 430
http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Elite-430-RC-430-KWN1/dp/B003O8J11E/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1351630976&sr=1-1&keywords=case

Thanks in advance :hello:
7 answers Last reply
More about build compatible
  1. Swap the ram for two sticks. If 4GB is enough for you, then by all means go to 2 X 2GB in RAM.

    At this price point I would recommend swapping the 7770 for a 6850.
    The 6850 after rebate would be about the same price.

    PSU is good, albeit a little overkill. You can swap it down for something like a CX430 which should be about half the price of the Antec after rebate.

    The cases are more of a taste thing. Both the Thermaltake and the HAF should hold up just fine for ya, although the HAF gets a lot more recommendations from folks.

    What kind of games do you intend to play? If you are going purely for a gaming build in games that aren't threaded for multiple cores (Skyrim), an i3 might be more up your alley. The price is about the same once you drop the cooling. The difference would be in power consumption. Granted if that isn't a concern the AMD CPU should be fine.

    :)
  2. Get a cheaper psu, you won't come close to that many watts.

    With that, you could upgrade to 8gb of ram. You'll have to upgrade sooner or later, so just get a cheap 8gb kit.

    7770 is fine, nice cheap gpu, that doesn't require many watts.

    For the cases, IMO get the CM 912 HAF, as the series is very reliable, giving you good airflow throughout the whole pc.
  3. Just putting it out there but for 125 you could get an i3 which would be better for gaming.
    $120 (after promo code)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116775

    mobo 70
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157303

    As for the case haf look better imo
  4. SingingThroughTheStorm said:
    Swap the ram for two sticks. If 4GB is enough for you, then by all means go to 2 X 2GB in RAM.

    At this price point I would recommend swapping the 7770 for a 6850.
    The 6850 after rebate would be about the same price.

    PSU is good, albeit a little overkill. You can swap it down for something like a CX430 which should be about half the price of the Antec after rebate.

    The cases are more of a taste thing. Both the Thermaltake and the HAF should hold up just fine for ya, although the HAF gets a lot more recommendations from folks.

    What kind of games do you intend to play? If you are going purely for a gaming build in games that aren't threaded for multiple cores (Skyrim), an i3 might be more up your alley. The price is about the same once you drop the cooling. The difference would be in power consumption. Granted if that isn't a concern the AMD CPU should be fine.

    :)

    Thanks! I'll switch the ram for two sticks. Can't do rebates :(. I like to have an overkill CPU just because I don't like swapping it out later and might reuse it later. I'll probably go with the HAF just because of air flow. I'm going to be playing games, but I want to do some video editing so that's why I went with the Quad Core. Thank you for the help :)
  5. lchrisk said:
    Get a cheaper psu, you won't come close to that many watts.

    With that, you could upgrade to 8gb of ram. You'll have to upgrade sooner or later, so just get a cheap 8gb kit.

    7770 is fine, nice cheap gpu, that doesn't require many watts.

    For the cases, IMO get the CM 912 HAF, as the series is very reliable, giving you good airflow throughout the whole pc.

    I know I don't need that big of a PSU but I just like the overhead for some overclocking and some power hungry parts I might put in later. Plus I might reuse it later. Looks like everyone recommends the HAF so there's the case. Thank you for your help :kaola:
  6. jackspeed said:
    Just putting it out there but for 125 you could get an i3 which would be better for gaming.
    $120 (after promo code)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116775

    mobo 70
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157303

    As for the case haf look better imo

    Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm not just gaming. Thanks anyway :). Seems like the HAF is good so I'll get that.
  7. SingingThroughTheStorm said:
    Swap the ram for two sticks. If 4GB is enough for you, then by all means go to 2 X 2GB in RAM.

    At this price point I would recommend swapping the 7770 for a 6850.
    The 6850 after rebate would be about the same price.

    PSU is good, albeit a little overkill. You can swap it down for something like a CX430 which should be about half the price of the Antec after rebate.

    The cases are more of a taste thing. Both the Thermaltake and the HAF should hold up just fine for ya, although the HAF gets a lot more recommendations from folks.

    What kind of games do you intend to play? If you are going purely for a gaming build in games that aren't threaded for multiple cores (Skyrim), an i3 might be more up your alley. The price is about the same once you drop the cooling. The difference would be in power consumption. Granted if that isn't a concern the AMD CPU should be fine.

    :)

    Nevermind, looks like I'm getting teh 6850 :)
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Compatibility Systems Product