GTX 680 - is something wrong with my computer?

G

Hey guys, to begin I can say that i'm the kind of person worried about everything. Spent years of trying to get money for a really good comuter and last gear I bought a gtx 570 - i5 2500k one. I kept that one but replaced gtx 570 with GTX 680 some month ago. I'm really happy for it and I get between 60-100 FPS in BF3 averagish, in Sleeping Dogs tho, on all maxed I get 30-40 FPS. If I turn down the extreme anti aliasing to high I get 80 though, as average FPS. I think this is weird, I mean, GTX 570 was released early 2009 and i've had no problems maxing my games with it. Seems like GTX 680 already got this problem with Sleeping Dogs, will there be more graphical intense cards in the near future? For me is maxing every game visually important. Now, to my real problem. In Guild Wars 2 I can get as low as 40-45 as lowest just walking around exploring, even 35, even though I sometimes go on average 55-90 FPS, even above 100 in some cases. In huge battles WvW I get 20-30 FPS. I think I should get more, I play it all maxed out and ive seen both ppl with same cards and similiar like me having troubles, and people not having trouble and averaging 100 without drops and 60+ in WvW. It's ok in WvW with 20-30 FPS i guess, its when i explore i focus on the drops and the lag, really. When I move around the camera I can get as low as 9 FPS for a second, and when I just walk around it goes like this ; 70-74-61-82-52-44-57. Yeah, its really droppy and its the same thing when i press on vertical synk. I use the latest drivers and I use evga gtx 680 combined with i5 2500k 3.3 ghz. This might be the problem as well, the processor seems to good enough I guess but people with exact same card like me but with better CPU has gotten much better FPS than me. Tommorow im trying to overclock it with hydro 212 evo, how high can I go and will it make any improvement? Is there anything wrong with my computer is the whole question TBH, im reallllyy worried and its a pain being insecure.

Question 1: I get 60-100 FPS in bf3 averagish, in Sleeping Dogs though, on all maxed I get 30-40 FPS. If I turn down the extreme anti aliasing to high I get 80 FPS though, as average. I think this is weird, I mean GTX 570 was released early 2009 and ive had no problem maxing my games with it. Seems like GTX 680 already got this problem with Sleeping Dogs, will there be more graphical intense cards in the near future? For me is maxing every game visually important.

Question 2:In Guild wars 2 i can get as low as 40-45 as lowest FPS, just walking around exploring, even 35, even though I sometimes go on average 55-90 FPS, even above 100 in some cases. In WvW huge battles I get like 20-30 FPS, but I don't really care since its playable and I focus more on the visual bit when im exploring. I got drops as well, getting as low as 9 when moving around the camera, is this normal? Is this at my end? Yes I use the beta drivers.

Question 3: Can my problems be my CPU? Can anyone assure me that overclocking isn't dangerous? I'm going to try it tommorow with HYDRO 212 EVO, I really hope I can get some FPS gain that way, how far may I go would you guys predict? This is my first post on this forums and excuse me for my grammar failures and poor english.

have a good one!

G

Well, I got a 650 W power supply I think and a msi MS 7673 motherboard.

G

How do I see that? I bought it fresh and new yes, no ebay or something :p, so i guess its fine.

G

Im not show how to figure this out. Though, in programs like speedfan I have something called temp2 (mean while temp 1 and temp 3 is fine) which goes to 120 celsius. Don't know if that means anything, heard that's just a bug. anyways, how do i find out what brand my power supply is?

by opening up the computer and looking at the sticker label. a picture of it would be nice. I dont think theres a way to do it digitally, since the psu doesnt really send data to the computer, as its just there to power stuff up.

G

I dont have the material to open my case tonight, so can we just go on pretending thats not the problem? yeah, but as i said, temp2 might and is most certainly a bug, its also well known.

ohhgourami

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Extreme AA on Sleeping Dogs is meant for high end SLI setups, not single cards even 670 or 680. I found that out myself while playing too and thought maybe the game was really unoptimized. Instead, the developers just made a very demanding mode for SLI setups.

How do you not know what PSU you have? Did you not build this yourself? Just open up the case and there will be a sticker on it or check your receipts.

G

Seems like since I play BF3, Sleeping Dogs as I should that the problem may be the processor after all, since my problems only are in mmorgps? Might also be ssd hard drive or anything. I'm just happy to know that im not alone with the SD issue or whatever you choose to call it - no i did not build my computer myself, im a total beginner and that is why im asking you guys. I'll check it tommorow. This forum surprised me with alot of helpful comments and strives. My PSU is 650 W, more do i not know. Will that be enough to overclock my i5 2500k as well btw?

I like to make sure that the most important component in powering the computer, the PSU is not garbage in powering the computer.

G

a 650 shouldnt be but ill check tommorow. thanks.