Sign in with
Your question

Most Reliable 670

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 3, 2012 7:19:07 PM

Hi,

I'm buying a 670 for my new build and I was wondering which manufacturer makes the most reliable 670s. This is because I would preferably like my components to last a number years, as when I upgrade, they can be used in my other builds.

I have heard that EVGA and ASUS are the best, but I wanted to obtain more opinions before i make a final choice.

Thanks in advance

More about : reliable 670

a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 7:27:34 PM

My friend has a asus non top 670, and he doesnt regret the purchase, the direct cuII is great and quiet for cooling and the heatsink cover isnt made from plastic, and a real nice build quality. Has gpu tweak for oc'ing.
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 7:28:06 PM

EVGA and ASUS are very good -- MSI cards have nice cooler systems.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 7:43:44 PM

really beside from the performance aspect and the cooling system, and the manufacturers reputation in their product, reliability matters on of course if it works when u get it and how its used and treated.
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 9:16:43 PM

These cards have not been out long enough to really know. I have the gigabyte Windforce 670 and love it. Just get one with an aftermaket cooler an a good warrenty.

Thent
a c 624 U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 9:50:42 PM

Definitely look for the cards that come with upgraded PCB components. MSI uses "Military Grade" components in their custom boards (Power Edition/OC) and Asus uses upgraded components in their DirectCU boards. Check Gigabyte for cards using their "Ultra-Durable" components. The EVGA Signature series and FTW series use upgraded components as well. There are others that upgrade their PCB components, not just simply adding a custom cooler on top of a reference board, so look for those.
a b U Graphics card
September 4, 2012 12:08:44 AM

I don't think anything can beat the ASUS Direct CU cards far as quality. Especially with their Super Alloy Power manufacturing process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUX5Mi996oY&feature=play...

I know this post is about the 670 but check out this tear down and comparison of the GTX 660TI versus the reference version. This shows you how much quality and R&D that ASUS puts in to creating their non-reference solutions from the ground up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRi9wow9sq0&feature=em-u...
!