I7 3770k
Antec Three Hundred case
Sapphire HD 7770
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w
GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2 Mobo
Corsair Vegence 8gb Ram
Samsung 128gb ssd
and a DVD writer

Although i plugged and unplugged ( and plugged ) everything and still nothing :( . I've tried literally everything. Please help / email me
at (email removed by moderator).

More about : computer post

October 30, 2012 10:46:36 PM

mihirk said:
I just built my computer and here are the specs
I7 3770k
Antec Three Hundred case
Sapphire HD 7770
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w
GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2 Mobo
Corsair Vegence 8gb Ram
Samsung 128gb ssd
and a DVD writer

Although i plugged and unplugged ( and plugged ) everything and still nothing :( . I've tried literally everything. Please help / email me
at fireboy111@gmail.com ( I know weird email but whatever).

Disconnect everything from the motherboard except for the CPU and RAM. Connect your monitor to the on-board VGA connection and see if it will POST. If you fail at that point then you either need a BIOS upgrade before your motherboard can handle an IvyBridge CPU or you have a bad part (CPU, RAM, MB, or PSU).

You can get a PSU tester for pretty cheap (~$10-15), but testing those other parts usually requires a known good compatible spare.
m
l
a c 113 B Homebuilt system
October 30, 2012 11:00:18 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Proximon
m
l
Related resources
October 30, 2012 11:07:29 PM

I tried that too still not working. When I turn on the back switch for the PSU the room light flickers, but when I try to turn the system on, nothing happens
m
l
October 31, 2012 1:52:48 PM

mihirk said:
I tried that too still not working. When I turn on the back switch for the PSU the room light flickers, but when I try to turn the system on, nothing happens

The room lights flickering is very odd and a little bit disconcerting. This may sound like a weird question, but have you tried doing the same in another room?

So disconnect everything from the motherboard, install the CPU (and CPU Cooler) and RAM. Connect the motherboard power and CPU power to the motherboard. Hook up the monitor and keyboard/mouse. Try turning it on again (try a couple rooms/outlets) and what happens? Do the room lights flicker regardless of the room it is in? Do you hear any motherboard status beeps? Does anything show up on the monitor screen at any point?
m
l
October 31, 2012 6:01:02 PM

Have you verified that the mobo shipped with the bios that is compatible with ivy bridge CPUs? H61 boards came out before Ivy Bridge, so they require a BIOS update in order to recognize the CPU.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
October 31, 2012 7:29:29 PM

here are a few things to try if you have followed the video and nothing works
1) Update bios(if possible)
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/308518-30-update-bios
2) Clear Cmos, do this if you cant start or have messed with the bios (don’t forget to unplug the computer from the wall and let it sit for few minutes, if you don’t have a jumper than remove the battery make sure the computer is unplugged and let it for about10 minutes before putting the battery back in)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdp_L5IxaNI
3) Check your psu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXgQSokF4
4) Make sure your computer is hooked up correctly
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...
5) Run memtest(if possible)
http://www.memtest.org/
6) Run Burnintest (if possible)
http://www.passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm
7) If all else fails then try a gpu, Ram, or psu from another computer
Hope this helped! :D 
m
l
November 7, 2012 12:29:21 AM

I went to a EMT shop to test the hardware. nothings wrong except the wiring. :(  Any thoughts? It would cost 30 more dollars for them to fix the computer and finish it, but i want this to be a learning process. Yes, this is my first
m
l
November 7, 2012 12:34:29 AM

When i said flickering, i meant dim. For example if you take a powerful vaccum cleaner and a lamp and plug them in the same slot thing, when the vaccum turns on it will dim the lamp
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 7, 2012 12:57:06 AM

? OK so what then they said that it was only wiring? by that do they mean you put somthing in the wrong place or what?
m
l
November 7, 2012 10:22:53 PM

AntiZig said:
Have you verified that the mobo shipped with the bios that is compatible with ivy bridge CPUs? H61 boards came out before Ivy Bridge, so they require a BIOS update in order to recognize the CPU.

I guess I'll quote this again, because you seem to have completely ignored my post.

H61 motherboard doesn't recognize ivy bridge CPUs without a BIOS update. You'll need either a sandy bridge CPU to update the bios and then replace with your CPU or get a 7 series motherboard.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 7, 2012 10:46:49 PM

ok, how about you back down a bit... if he did not notice it do not get all " SNAPPY"
m
l
November 8, 2012 4:30:15 PM

PanicMaster85 said:
ok, how about you back down a bit... if he did not notice it do not get all " SNAPPY"

what is there to back down from? I'm confident that what I'm telling him is the cause of his problem. I'm giving him a different explanation and possible solutions to the problem that I didn't include in my previous post.

I'm not sure where you getting the snappy from, not like I cursed his mother out or anything like it. Instead of playing the people's advocate for non-existent issues, post something helpful, otherwise don't.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 8, 2012 10:23:57 PM

AntiZig said:
I guess I'll quote this again, because you seem to have completely ignored my post.

sorry friend but this contridicts this
I'm giving him a different explanation and possible solutions to the problem that I didn't include in my previous post said:
I'm giving him a different explanation and possible solutions to the problem that I didn't include in my previous post

oh and im being the people's advacate? how about you stop acting like you are hurt because he "missed" your post and quit being such a ignorant ass.

as for me not posting things helpful? I have been helping him for about 2 days now you have posted a grand total of 3 posts in this thread so hows about you calm down and go find another thread to trolll
m
l
November 9, 2012 11:06:09 PM

Lets stop the mud slinging shall we? If you two still want to carry on attacking each other, please do so via PM. There is no need to clog up the public thread with it.
m
l
November 9, 2012 11:21:37 PM

Isaiah4110 said:
The room lights flickering is very odd and a little bit disconcerting. This may sound like a weird question, but have you tried doing the same in another room?

This is the first thing I would address before worrying about BIOS updates. The most likely issue would be the power supply from your description of the problem, but you may also want to have the wiring checked at the outlet you had this computer plugged into.

If you don't already have one, consider getting yourself a receptacle tester and plug it into the outlet in question. If there are any problems, you may need to replace your power supply, as the improper wiring may have damaged the unit.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 10, 2012 1:43:10 AM

[:panicmaster85:7] i never thought of that :o 

^ note: this is not sarcastic even though it may very much sound like it
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 10, 2012 1:44:41 AM

The_Prophecy said:
Lets stop the mud slinging shall we? If you two still want to carry on attacking each other, please do so via PM. There is no need to clog up the public thread with it.

I think I won :lol:  he stopped talking completely :D 
m
l
November 10, 2012 2:33:07 AM

Bragging about it isn't helping. Keep the thread on topic. Any more posts either continuing, or bragging about your argument from either side and you may find yourself on a forum vacation.
m
l
November 16, 2012 11:10:42 PM

The guy ripped me off. He looked at it and sad "It was all wrong". looked at the place on like google or something and saw a ton of people who got ripped off by this guy too. He said "everything you've done is wrong". Im gonna post a pic along so you can see what progress i've made. i forgot to note, i hadnt tried the SSD yet because of potential damage. Could that be the cause?
m
l
November 16, 2012 11:17:50 PM

I took a video with my camera. I showed the case, build, wiring, and i mentioned that i would add a HDD once i build it. Still no luck :( . I'll post it as soon as my dad comes( laptop is a vaio and i need M2 reader.)
m
l
November 16, 2012 11:18:23 PM

Please do not spam on my forum post. Thank you
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 17, 2012 4:23:55 AM

? I was not spamming...
m
l
November 19, 2012 2:28:10 PM

mihirk said:
The guy ripped me off. He looked at it and sad "It was all wrong". looked at the place on like google or something and saw a ton of people who got ripped off by this guy too. He said "everything you've done is wrong". Im gonna post a pic along so you can see what progress i've made. i forgot to note, i hadnt tried the SSD yet because of potential damage. Could that be the cause?

The guy said everything was ok except the wiring right? Did he specify what he meant by "wiring"? (i.e. was in the front panel case wiring to the MB, PSU wiring to components, data cable wiring, etc.?)

Front panel wiring can be the trickiest part of a PC build, if for no other reason than the small size of the connectors and working space on the motherboard. I actually just assembled a PC last night and ended up pulling out all the add-on cards to make it easier to connect the front panel connectors. I also highly recommend making use of the detailed information in your MB manual to connect up those wires.
m
l
November 22, 2012 1:37:59 PM

No, he said everything was wrong (lie). But...... It works now! My cousin came over for a surprise visit and we tested for literally hours until he thought it might be screws shorting the mobo once we took it out we tested it, it worked! We mounted the mobo back in the case and everything worked fine. Thanks for all the help guys.I installed windows 8 and I'm all good. Thanks Guys!
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 22, 2012 11:27:00 PM

no problem i was glade to help.... I always heard that those screws would destroy a motherboard not just disable it :/  guess i was wrong
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 22, 2012 11:37:42 PM

who goes with a i7-3770k with a crappy h61 micro-atx board ? worst decision ever...i mean you'll have the trouble to flash the bios, besides that mobo has no support for 1600mhz, no oc for that cpu, scarce features,wth were you thinking...those board are meant mostly for the cheap intel pentium gxxx/i3 second generation.
Check this : http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=... (although i dont know which revision your mobo is).
Just buy a decent z77 board.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 25, 2012 4:07:02 AM

:/  he already has the mobo?
m
l
November 25, 2012 2:33:02 PM

Dude it's a really simple mobo. It works perfectly.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 25, 2012 4:11:07 PM

yeah, a mobo is a mobo XD just with the micro atx you dont have much upgrading capacity
m
l
!