Please Help!

I have no volume from my computer, I click the volume
button on the lower right hand corner. And it says "There
are no active mixer devices available. and to install go
to my control panel, click printers and other hardware
and click add hardware."

I go to this and it doesn't work, and I click on what it
tells me, and it works one time, but when I turn off my
computer another time, it doesn't work and the same thing
happens. So How do I install an Active Mixer Device? And
keep it on my computer?
Thanks Liniah
1 answer Last reply
More about please help

    The active mixer device is a function of your soundcard. It sounds as
    though the drivers for your soundcard are outdated or have some
    compatibility issue with XP. You need to go to the soundcard manufacturer's
    website and check for the latest XP compatible drivers for your card.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Liniah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have no volume from my computer, I click the volume
    > button on the lower right hand corner. And it says "There
    > are no active mixer devices available. and to install go
    > to my control panel, click printers and other hardware
    > and click add hardware."
    >
    > I go to this and it doesn't work, and I click on what it
    > tells me, and it works one time, but when I turn off my
    > computer another time, it doesn't work and the same thing
    > happens. So How do I install an Active Mixer Device? And
    > keep it on my computer?
    > Thanks Liniah

Drivers Computers Device Driver Windows XP