Software, Agere Win Modem and CallAttendant phone

May 17, 2004 6:08:43 PM

I have recently installed a software Package for phone and
fax answereing. The Agere Win modem is supposed to operate
with this software but after some email discussions wiyh
the C/A supplier they advise as follows;
"The problem seems to be that Unimodem/5 and the modem
are not communicating properly.
[ASIDE: Unimodem/5 is Microsoft's Universal Modem Driver
for Windows 2000/XP. Modem vendors supply modem drivers
(.INF files) that contain information about the modem, how
it behaves, commands to send, and results. Unimodem/5 uses
this information to figure out how to communicate with the
modem.]
Unfortunately, the problem lies outside of
CallAttendant's control. The problem is very likely that
the modem .INF file is not correct for the modem you are
using. I would recommend locating one of the modems listed
on our beta site
(http://www.objectworld.com/beta_test/soho.php), and using
it instead."

I am using Agere 830 setup and indications are that it
supports 'Unimodem 5'.

I am unsure as to what I should do to overcome the problem.

Gary
May 19, 2004 9:30:59 PM

Did the modem operate properly before you installed the software package?
Since the modem is a win modem, it is software driven. The modem software
driver may not be up to snuff for winXP. Some other issues may include how
the modem identifies itself to the system. There can be serious conflicts,
such as the modem getting installed as a 28.8k modem when it is really a 56k
modem.
This may be of some help
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318009&Product=winxp

!