Best graphics card for $175

ObeseCamelz

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my graphics card. I am currently running with an ATI Radeon HD 5670. It can run every game that I have however to get the fps that I prefer I usually have to turn the settings down lower than I would like. Basically, I'm wondering if I should buy another HD 5670 (Or maybe 2 more? triple crossfire... I don't even know if that would work but that's why I'm here) or just plain out upgrade to a different graphics card or what. I would really prefer not to go over 175 dollars and I'm DEFINITELY not going over 200.

So far from my research I'm looking into an ATI radeon HD 6870.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Didn't see the "How to ask for advice on a new graphics card" sticky thread

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: within the next 2 months. Probably next month. BUDGET RANGE: $150-175 (up to $200 if needed but I would REALLY not prefer that)

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, Rendering and editing, Entertainment

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: ATI Radeon HD 5670, and I honest to godzilla cannot find my power supply specs right now. However I do know I had a decent bit of wattage going unused so it won't be a problem.

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Phenom II X4 840 Processor 3.2 GHz, 8 GB 1600 mhz ram

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Amazon, but I could use newegg if I had too.

PARTS PREFERENCES: I have no preferences, however I need it to run RELATIVELY cool because I only have one large case fan to cool it down.

OVERCLOCKING: No. SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe. If it would run better, yes, however I've heard that SLI/Crossfire has some decent issues so if I can avoid it I will.

MONITOR RESOLUTION:1920x1080. May upgrade to 2560x1600 next year.

ObeseCamelz

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012

Ah cool thanks. Do you by chance know if it's a cash rebate? I've never ordered parts from newegg and I know that some companies give you like giftcards to their store for rebates. I would still be cool with it, I'm just curious.