Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Looking for brand I7 6 core desktop ?

Last response: in Systems
October 31, 2012 4:31:59 AM

Hi

I want to buy one of those recent desktops with 6 cores i7. HP was building them but it seems like they ran out. I tried to look around but I was not able to locate one. Does anyone know if any other company build these Intel 6 cores high end desktops?

thanks

More about : brand core desktop

October 31, 2012 4:36:39 AM

Only Hex cores that Intel make are on the 2011 platform, which is well into the high end desktop domain.
Dont think there is anything larger than a Quad core on the mobile series. Even the "Extreme" edition processors on the mobile range are only Quad core's with Hyperthreading.
October 31, 2012 4:41:38 AM

manofchalk said:
Only Hex cores that Intel make are on the 2011 platform, which is well into the high end desktop domain.
Dont think there is anything larger than a Quad core on the mobile series. Even the "Extreme" edition processors on the mobile range are only Quad core's with Hyperthreading.

Hi

I am looking for a brand name desktop with those hex cores. The reason I want a brand name is just for the support really. I am sure I can get it custom built but companies like HP makes the support and replacement a breeze when there is a problem.
Related resources
October 31, 2012 4:48:57 AM

karthun said:
Hi

I am looking for a brand name desktop with those hex cores. The reason I want a brand name is just for the support really. I am sure I can get it custom built but companies like HP makes the support and replacement a breeze when there is a problem.

most custom built pcs from good companies will offer paid support. it is a lot more expensive but depending on the company, well worth it if you dont want to handle hardware issues.
October 31, 2012 4:31:22 PM

aznplayer213 said:
most custom built pcs from good companies will offer paid support. it is a lot more expensive but depending on the company, well worth it if you dont want to handle hardware issues.

Sure that might be option however I am on a budget and time limitation here. Do you have a name or list of names to share with? I am tryign to figure out where to get one of those desktops :) 

Best solution

November 1, 2012 2:09:44 AM

Alienware if you want to deal with Dell
Tiger Direct does custom builds
Digital storm has lifetime support plenty of options
November 1, 2012 3:43:54 PM

Best answer selected by karthun.
November 1, 2012 3:45:00 PM

giltyler said:
Alienware if you want to deal with Dell
Tiger Direct does custom builds
Digital storm has lifetime support plenty of options

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions. Alienware is definetely way overpriced, compared to the prices I had from Hp then. DigitalStorm looks reasonable the best.

thanks
!