Msi 660ti sli issues

msi guy

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
hi there i have two msi gtx 660 ti oc edd in my system and a gigabyte x79 ud5 mobo 16 gigs of gskill ram core i7 3820 cpu antec
1000w psu about 5 years old corsair 600t white edd case. ok heres the problem im having both cards working fine in sli mode last week but as soon as i updated to 306.02 nvidia drivers all hell broke loose ive rolled back drivers and no change only after i remove the sli bridge and reboot all is good. but i did not pay almost $400.00 for a card not to be able to run in sli mode. and another thing when i try to use another port (e.g) displayport ddvi they do not respond so im stuck using hdmi its ther only one that seems to work. any help would be appreciated. thx the nob

locomoco321

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2012

When rolling back or updating the drivers, did you properly uninstall the first drivers? This might be the issue as parts of nVidia's drivers that include the SLI functionality, may not have updated properly and could explain why in SLI mode, they do not properly work.

msi guy

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
i remove the drivers while im in safe mode the n reboot and only basic windows vga drivers are there so i install the 306. drivers from nvidia it only hapens when i bridge the cards together but im going to rma the board anyways but thx for the help. msi guy

locomoco321

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2012

See if the issue only started when the drivers were updated, I would try other solutions first before the hassle of an RMA. I'm not sure if your board has this (some X79 and Z77 boards do) has this feature, but can you manually turn off PCIe lanes? If so, try and turn off a lane, then re-enable it, then that might resolve the issue.

If that doesn't work, try re-installing Windows 7, and fresh drivers (you can re-install as many times as you want as long as you have the same motherboard or an equivalent SKU from the manufacturer after RMA).

If you know for sure that the motherboard is at fault, then RMA but out of curiosity, what do YOU suspect the issue may be?