New gaming rig help!

jsrich

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
http://pcpartpicker.com/nz/p/lVMe

Take a look.. is it allgood? Any improvements i could make?

Wanting to run games like battlefield 3, crysis 3/2, borderlands 2 at MAXIMUM settings :) will the 660 ti oc do the job? or should i go for the 670?

Is there anything i can change to get the same bang for my buck with cpu, mobo, gpu etc?

Thanks in advance! :D

p.s. Prices are in NZD :)

ckholt83

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
I'll admit I'm not familiar with your local market / prices / currency, so if there are better deals than what you've found I'm probably not the one to ask, but the hardware choices look pretty good to me overall. I'd definitely opt for the 670 if you can swing it, and 64GB is pretty slim for your SSD, and they tend not to be a great value per dollar compared to 120+ models, so I'd bump that up too if possible.

If you're not overclocking, save some money and get a 3450 or 3470 instead. Basically identical performance at stock clocks. If you are overclocking, you might want a 3rd party HSF. :)

jsrich

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Yep im gonna add in a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO for the cpu and im gonna overclock it :D was just wanting the ssd for the OS and a couple of games really, nothing too much but ill think about bumping it up a bit.