Longe range wifi question

hardwareballs20

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Hello,
I'm currently using a usb wifi adapter running from my desktop to my windows(sitting behind big screen tv likes its a shield to catch signal. We get wifi off my gf moms house which is 40-60 yards sitting in there windows that is closest to ours. I can only get good signal in my window i would like to get it on my coach.

Is there some way i can catch the signal in the window and re broadcast it again to make strong signal throwout the living room?

Or is it possible to have two adapters linked to each other using same router?

yote88

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
If I were you, I would buy a Linksys Wrt54GL router and flash it with an open source firmware called dd-wrt , you can configure the router to receive and re-broadcast the signal into our house.

akonobi2011

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011

If I were you I wouldn't bother with trying to "daisy chain" adapters (using an adapter as a repeater). What you need is a long range high gain adapter. Let me tell you that Alfa High Gain 1000mW USB adapter is the best but make sure the drivers are compatible with your OS. BTW if you really want a "repeater" adapter, the Alfa can be set up as one (a station as opposed to infrastructure).