Sign in with
Your question

Building a new PC

Last response: in Systems
October 31, 2012 8:50:21 AM

So this is my first thread on Toms Hardware and I seem to like the website a lot (I used it before joining), now the thing is that even if it's an Alienware laptop it doesn't suit my dad. He needs a PC, I've checked a few pre-built systems and they suck. So I decide to ask what kind of PC to build for him. The budget is 500-550$ (i.e 50,000 - 55,000 PKR - pakistani rupees). I need parts recommendations from some experts. Thanks for your help.

His requirements:
Browsing
Checking emails
Watching a few videos on YouTube
Skype video conference (2-3 people)
A good GPU (since I'll be using it sometimes, a 7770 HD or something like that)
Minimum 500GB HDD capacity (640-750GB preferred)

Now I need some suggestions with prices of the components in USD or PKR (if you can)
Display, mouse, and keyboard ARE NOT included.
Thank you

More about : building

October 31, 2012 9:07:52 AM

Honestly, a pre-built can pretty much do the job for the said system usage.
Though it's still more fun to build your own! :lol: 

Can you provide any website from there where you'll be buying the parts?
October 31, 2012 11:47:03 AM

excella1221 said:
Honestly, a pre-built can pretty much do the job for the said system usage.
Though it's still more fun to build your own! :lol: 

Can you provide any website from there where you'll be buying the parts?
haha, but here in PK the prebuilt available ones are crap. check www.czone.com.pk and iamextreme.net and galaxy.pk
All provide GPU's, CPU's, PSU's and everything you need. And yes I remember when I built my P4 system :p 
Thanks man
October 31, 2012 3:59:44 PM

murtaza12 said:
haha, but here in PK the prebuilt available ones are crap. check www.czone.com.pk and iamextreme.net and galaxy.pk
All provide GPU's, CPU's, PSU's and everything you need. And yes I remember when I built my P4 system :p 
Thanks man

I'm not finding a lot of good hardware selections on that site. If you can go for it, I'd say maybe build a system around an A10-5800K or an i3-3220. That should get the job done.
!