Where can I buy reference graphics cards?

aokigahara

Honorable
May 26, 2012
I was just wondering if there's a website where I can buy reference cards instead of a third-party design. I understand that some third-party companies tweak the settings a bit and make them better, but I want to know where I can get reference cards.
Thanks a lot guys.

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

You can buy them where most graphics cards are sold.

I recommend Newegg :)

runswindows95

Distinguished
The reference cards are launched as examples to show the manufactures what they look like, cooling, etc. Plus, as you said, sometimes, the manufactures make better cards. However, some manufactures launch cards that are the reference cards with different stickers. Example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161399

After that, the only cards I know that Nvidia and AMD do sell as their brand is their professional lines.

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

What graphics card are you looking to buy and what is your budget?

aokigahara

Honorable
May 26, 2012

The main reason I want a reference card is because of the AMD Radeon color schemes. That may seem like a pretty stupid reason but I'm very picky with colors. That link that you threw in there is like the only card on Newegg that's a reference card, besides the HD 6770, and that thing is close to ancient.

igbc

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
Well I think it's pretty darn cruel for The GPU designers to make the "stock" cards as manufacturing samples for us to drool over, and then not make them available to the public, so that by the time we get them some company's stuck an ugly infective cooler on it and tweaked the BIOS so we can't push it as hard as the stock one. (I use my VTX 3D HD 7770 as my example) All AMD manufacturing samples have full body coolers with rear exhaust, so why do the 3rd party variations all have coolers that vent into the case and only deal with the GPU? I HAVE LIMITED EXHAUST POINTS IN MY CASE; FIT A DECENT COOLER!

Sorry for ranting, I'm angry.