Sign in with
Your question

Upgraded my computer, need to know how good it is.

Last response: in Systems
October 31, 2012 12:41:01 PM

So I used to have an extremely crappy computer, had a 7 year old motherboard that only held 2gb of ram, had 2gb of ddr ram, 6 year old 2.4GHz Single Core CPU. Couple years ago I upgraded my video card to a RadeonHD 5670. That was my old computer.

My new computer

RadeonHD 5670 Graphics Card

AMD A4-5300 Trinity 3.4GHz (3.6GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 65W Dual-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7480D AD5300OKHJBOX

MSI FM2-A55M-E33 FM2 AMD A55 (Hudson D2) HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

8GB of DDR3 RAM

Can't remember the powerpack that I got.

22-inch LCD Monitor

Now I am a massive gamer and with my old computer I couldn't really play the games that I wanted to, my question to you is will my new computer be able to handle most of the games that are out on the computer now and possibly in the future as well?

More about : upgraded computer good

October 31, 2012 12:44:43 PM

only thing is to test your rig with benchmarking softwares.
CineBench or 3DMark should do it.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 12:48:02 PM

The 5670 might be pointless. I have a feeling the 7480 is as good or better.
m
l
Related resources
October 31, 2012 12:56:02 PM

some benches like cinbench and 3dmark can give u good factual information. in my opinion you should be fine gaming on low to medium . if you tweak it u can probably play everything except for the most intensive of games (bf3 and crysis spring to mind but its all about trial and error). your machine is on the fairly low end so do a soft upgrade like processor and video card when you can (in about 1 1/2 to 2 years). i like the am2 platform and it can serve your needs for a good amount of time
m
l
October 31, 2012 1:15:44 PM

Th I only had a budget of 140 dollars to upgrade my computer so I wasn't able to upgrade everything, but with that I was able to upgrade my 6-7 year old parts. Also, I don't tend to play FPS games, mainly MMO's. So is this computer better suited for MMO's than they are for FPS games?
m
l
October 31, 2012 1:19:13 PM

NexusProdigy said:
Th I only had a budget of 140 dollars to upgrade my computer so I wasn't able to upgrade everything, but with that I was able to upgrade my 6-7 year old parts. Also, I don't tend to play FPS games, mainly MMO's. So is this computer better suited for MMO's than they are for FPS games?

Well yeah, probably on max. MMOs PC requirements is still the same as 2007s
m
l
October 31, 2012 1:20:56 PM

When you say "new computer", is it one you're going to buy or one you already bought? If you bought it, just go test it. If you're going to buy, the graphics chip on the apu you listed is actually faster than your graphics card. You will be better off if you pull out your existing standalone card. It will play games on low settings. I would actually recommend an A10 apu if you want to play games on medium settings.
m
l
October 31, 2012 1:23:20 PM

depends on the mmo. i heard that WoW is more cpu dependent. good news though, mmo tend to be optimized so nearly everyone can play it.
m
l
October 31, 2012 1:32:39 PM

if your just playing mmo's then it should be fine for a while
m
l
!