Sign in with
Your question

Computer crashing (BSOD) ???

Last response: in Systems
October 31, 2012 2:40:43 PM

Okay so lately my PC has been crashing daily. It crashes like once every day, and it blue screens every time. It reads all the blue coding, and does the memory dump or whatever then restarts back up and is just fine for the rest of the day. But it is getting very annoying.

So here is what Windows tells me about it when i start back up after a crash---

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C000001D
BCP2: FFFFF80002EDA9C5
BCP3: FFFFF88002153C80
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\103112-14242-01.dmp
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-43009-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0...

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

How do i fix this? What is causing it?

More about : computer crashing bsod

October 31, 2012 3:02:47 PM

Also.. this has been happening ever since i whiped my Harddrive with HDDEraser. I had problems with HDDEraser, cuz my motherboard didnt like it and it locked up my harddrive. So i had to plug it into another motherboard and finish the HDDEraser whipe. I then reinstalled windows, and updated. and installed everything i needed. It works fine, but just blue screens a lot.

I also had problems now with installing my video card drivers. Everytime i tried to install the AMD drivers for my XFX 6870, it would crash. and wouldnt install right. So eventually after trying 10 times, and whiping all the drivers and messing with it, i finally got the video drivers installed and working.

UPDATE: Now i just tried to install my Razer Deathadder mouse drivers, and it crashed when it was finishing installing the drivers for it.

(i also never installed drivers for keyboard and mouse, until now I am trying to. And i never installed drivers for my Asus DVD Drive. Could that be causing it to crash?
m
l
October 31, 2012 5:57:48 PM

it sounds like you might be missing some motherboard drivers.

check your RAM settings in the BIOS. and run memtest86 to check for ram errors.
m
l
Related resources
October 31, 2012 11:21:46 PM

PanicMaster85 said:
OK well try updating your bios
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/308518-30-update-bios

make sure you setup correctly
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...

run memtest to test ram
http://www.memtest.org/

and also burintest to test hardware
http://www.passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm

also how are your temps?

Let me do all of these that you listed. Then I will report back. My temps are fine as far as i know. Video card is good, and CPU is good. CPU is 2500k @ 4.3GHz and it stay nice and cool with my CM Hyper 212+ or wahtever it is.
m
l
November 1, 2012 12:03:40 AM

AntiZig said:
it sounds like you might be missing some motherboard drivers.

check your RAM settings in the BIOS. and run memtest86 to check for ram errors.

Hmm.. Its the ASROCK Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, and I installed all the drivers from the disk that came with it.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 1, 2012 12:53:06 AM

download them off the website
m
l
November 1, 2012 1:40:37 PM

I'd hold off on BIOS updates if your computer randomly shuts down...

just update chipset drivers from the manufacturer website. The only reason outdated BIOS would cause crashes is if it cannot recognize some hardware properly.

If you have a dedicated video card or any other PCI devices update the drivers for those as well. Verify that all the hardware is recognized through windows device manager and motherboard BIOS.
m
l
November 1, 2012 1:49:48 PM

Could it be your overclock? What voltage do you have the CPU set to?
m
l
November 1, 2012 3:54:21 PM

AntiZig said:
I'd hold off on BIOS updates if your computer randomly shuts down...

just update chipset drivers from the manufacturer website. The only reason outdated BIOS would cause crashes is if it cannot recognize some hardware properly.

If you have a dedicated video card or any other PCI devices update the drivers for those as well. Verify that all the hardware is recognized through windows device manager and motherboard BIOS.

Which exact update should i install? ASRock has bunch of updates on their site for different things. Its the Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard. Could you give me a link so i make sure I install the correct one?

And AMD Catalyst Control Center says the software is up to date. And on Device Manager i dont see any yellow error signs for anything. Although, recently i tried to install Razer Driver + Synapse 2.0 for my Razer Deathadder (which i got awhile back) and it broke my mouse. When trying to install the drivers and update them, it BSOD my computer. Then my mouse wouldnt work at all. So I had to go into the Device Manager and Uninstall the Razer Deathadder 3.5G, and then plug it back in and reinstall the drivers. It worked fine. Then on restart, it broke the mouse again! it wouldnt move. So I've uninstalled the Razer Synapse 2.0 completely, and hopefully it will work fine now even when restarting.

Also... right after i formatted my Harddrive with HDDEraser a week ago or so, everytime i tried to install the AMD drivers and CCC for the video card, it would BSOD my PC as well!?! I had to eventually install the Drivers + CCC from the disk which is an older version. And then update them after that. And it then worked with no BSOD.
m
l
November 1, 2012 3:58:19 PM

underhill said:
Could it be your overclock? What voltage do you have the CPU set to?

My volts are...
Core > offset +1.240
Offset > -0.050V
Load Line Calibration > Level 3
and the rest of the voltages are..
1.258V
1.059V
1.709V
1.047V
0.925V

I know this OC is stable, as I used it for a long time. Done testings, asked around here. I've ran plenty of 10-30 minute tests, and even overnight tests.. and the temps stayed cool.

And my video card is slightly OC'd, because I got the XFX Double Desipation version, so it stays nice and cool as well. I've ran plenty of tests, and it always stays cool. And others verified that the OC that im using, they use as well on the same card.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 1, 2012 9:27:01 PM

:o  he is right
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 4, 2012 1:19:52 PM

[:panicmaster85:8]
why do you try?
m