Trouble shooting Graphics problems

mz-gina

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
Would really appreciate some advice here guys. I have done alot of reading, both here and around the net, but I'm still unsure as to what the problem is.

Here are my PC specs: (wasn't sure what parts to leave in/out)

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MEDIONPC
System Model: MS-7366
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3072MB RAM
Page File: 1596MB used, 4544MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x689E)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_689E&SUBSYS_30701682&REV_00
Display Memory: 2295 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1015 MB
Shared Memory: 1279 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: HKC2160
Native Mode: 1280 x 1024(p) (75.025Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,atiumdag.dll,atidxx32.dll,atiumdva.cap
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1140 (English)
Driver Version: 8.982.0.0
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 7/28/2012 03:15:42, 931328 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes

PSU: "BeQuiet Pure Power L7 530W"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The past few weeks, I've been experiencing a blurry/fuzzy screen display. This usually happens when the PC has been on for a while. My first thought was the monitor, as it is slightly damaged. So I have ordered a new one, but it's one week until delivery. However, after all the reading I've done - and temperature checking, I'm wondering if it isn't something else :??:

I have tried taking a screenshot of the blurry screen, but it doesn't show up at all on the screeny, just appears normal. I did find a picture online which does look the same as my problem, only mine isn't as bad as this: http://i51.tinypic.com/b3pher.jpg Although I have to say, it does appear to be getting increasingly worse.

My graphics card when active (i.e. surfing/gaming) goes into the sixties. From what I have read, this is normal.

My CPU however goes ino the sixties also - and this isn't healthy is it? Here's a link to a screenshot from Speccy, but these are temperatures pretty much at idle (just browser open): http://oi50.tinypic.com/i3xawy.jpg

Yes, I have taken off the side panel from my PC - it's constantly off. I clean it out regularly with compressed air and I can see and hear the fans working properly. I did use MSI to manually increase the fan speed on my graphics card, as by default it was only at 25%. But I didn't notice that making any difference so reset it to default.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all.

mz-gina

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
I'm not sure if this helps the situation any, but I just ran and Resource and Performance Monitor. It's telling me some drivers are missing? News to me! Would this be anything to do with the screen problems I'm having?

I have no clue to what devices this is referring either :(

Thanks!

Symptom: Device drivers are not installed.
Cause: A driver has not been installed for this device preventing it from working properly.
Details: The device driver for Coprocessor has not been installed. This device will not be available until the correct device driver is installed.
Resolution: 1. Try installing the drivers using Windows Update.
2. Install the drivers that are on the installation media that came with the device.
3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.
Related: Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symptom: Device is not present, not working properly, or does not have all of its drivers installed.
Cause: A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from working properly.
Details: The device, MpKsl58f319b6, is reporting "tv_ConfigMgrErr24". This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is ROOT\LEGACY_MPKSL58F319B6\0000.
Resolution: 1. Verify the correct driver is installed.
2. Try updating the drivers using Windows Update.
4. Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager.
Manage Devices in Windows

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symptom: Device is not present, not working properly, or does not have all of its drivers installed.
Cause: A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from working properly.
Details: The device, MpKsl99221a82, is reporting "tv_ConfigMgrErr24". This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is ROOT\LEGACY_MPKSL99221A82\0000.
Resolution: 1. Verify the correct driver is installed.
2. Try updating the drivers using Windows Update.
4. Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager.
Manage Devices in Windows

mz-gina

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
Well that's a big sigh of relief then! :D

The monitor was my first thought as it is damaged in the bottom left corner, but has continued to work perfectly well for a while now.

But, on monitoring the temperatures, I wasn't sure that a new monitor alone would sort the problem. I feel better now! At least I know I haven't wasted my money.

I know the rest doesn't belong in this forum, but is a MOBO temperature of 60 deg C+ something to worry about? And this above about missing device drivers? If it's no biggy, I'll let that all drop for now =p

Thanks again! much appreciated =]