Sign in with
Your question

What happens in the case of the VGA connection without 6-pin??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 4, 2012 8:47:22 AM

hi guys
I've connect the my sapphire 7850 to my computer without connecting 6 pin from power supply and power on my pc
my question
is this possible affect my card
thnx
a c 104 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
September 4, 2012 9:44:45 AM

Hi.

Off course it will. It needs more power than it can get from only the pcie slot, that's why it has extra power connectors.

Does it work now then ?
m
l
September 4, 2012 9:56:42 AM

Use the supplied molex connector but its always suggested to get an good power supply when adding a gfx card. In my experience the computer will warn you when you get to the windows desktop that if its not connected you it will run in a low power state and will not preform correctly, or worst case like my last build it wont POST in the bios.
m
l
Related resources
September 4, 2012 4:05:24 PM

GreenDutchAlien said:
Hi.

Off course it will. It needs more power than it can get from only the pcie slot, that's why it has extra power connectors.

Does it work now then ?

thank u so much.
yes it work good but I'm worried
m
l
September 4, 2012 4:06:12 PM

zbeezz said:
Use the supplied molex connector but its always suggested to get an good power supply when adding a gfx card. In my experience the computer will warn you when you get to the windows desktop that if its not connected you it will run in a low power state and will not preform correctly, or worst case like my last build it wont POST in the bios.

thank you to reply me
m
l
a c 104 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
September 4, 2012 4:08:39 PM

Ok, cool, but it will run on lower speeds than i think. Can you monitor core speeds etc, specially under load ?

What powersupply do you have anyway ?
m
l
September 4, 2012 4:19:16 PM

GreenDutchAlien said:
Ok, cool, but it will run on lower speeds than i think. Can you monitor core speeds etc, specially under load ?

What powersupply do you have anyway ?

thank u man but now i connecting 6-pin and the card run full speed
my power supply :- thermaltake litepower 450w
m
l
a c 104 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
September 4, 2012 4:23:42 PM

Aha, see what you mean now . . . duh :lol:  Blond moment, sorry.

You mean you run it now with psu but in the beginning you did it without connecting it to the psu and want to know if it can be damaged from that.

Don't think so, it was only underpowered so no harm done i guess.
m
l
September 4, 2012 4:32:18 PM

GreenDutchAlien said:
Aha, see what you mean now . . . duh :lol:  Blond moment, sorry.

You mean you run it now with psu but in the beginning you did it without connecting it to the psu and want to know if it can be damaged from that.

Don't think so, it was only underpowered so no harm done i guess.

hhhhhhhh :D  :D  ya it's right i need know the card can be damaged without 6-pin or not
m
l
!