Solved

Stop me now before it's to late

SLI or Crossfire: No
Intended use: gaming and movies
No overclocking.
Purchase date: this week; worst case, next week

Dropped overclocking- too loud and expensive; still want a special rig so i'm going for silent:)

I've linked parts to the site from wich i'll buy them. The prices are converted in US dollars (1$=3.487 lei):
Mobo: Asrock H77 PRO4/MVP - 125$
Processor: Intel® CoreTM i5-3470 - 254$
HDD: Western Digital Blue, 1TB, 64MB, 7200rpm - 104$
RAM: Dual Channel Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB), 1600MHz, Vengeance Lp - 57.5$
Chassis: Cooler Master Silencio 450 - 77.5$
PSU: Seasonic S12II-520 Bronze - 97.5$
GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7770 Vapor-X 175$
Monitor: LED Philips 21.5", 226V4LSB 149$
DVD-RW: Asus DRW-24B5ST 23$

Total= 1063$

Awaiting opinions.

I'm also looking for a mouse and keyboard(wired - i hate batteries) that are silent before anything (the "perks" of living with the gf- a rat at night). What i found was this: Nexus Silent SM-8500B for a mouse, but i'm opened to suggestions. Also the keyboard 25-35$, wired, silent>ghosting>iluminated.

Thank you!
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about stop late
  1. Best answer
    Looks like a solid build to me. I don't see anything I'd change.

-Wolf sends
  2. Go for a SSD!
  3. Looks good to me. The only thing I would change is maybe drop the CPU to an i3-3220 and upgrade your GPU to a Radeon 7870 but otherwise it looks good.
  4. FinneousPJ said:
    Go for a SSD!

i don't have the money to go for an SSD and even if i would have something extra, i would buy a better gpu

Anonymous said:
    Looks good to me. The only thing I would change is maybe drop the CPU to an i3-3220 and upgrade your GPU to a Radeon 7870 but otherwise it looks good.

it would save me less then 100$ and the cheapest 7870 is 338$

Man, parts are so expensive here...
  5. Shodoman said:
    Man, parts are so expensive here...

I noticed. :)
  6. If you want silence over anything then you have to get a SSD.
  7. FinneousPJ said:
    If you want silence over anything then you have to get a SSD.

Lol HDDs make about 5 decibels of noise. Even my crappy external hard drive cannot be heard from a few inches away

Drop the i5 to an i3 and get the 7870
  8. Silence over anything :P
  9. FinneousPJ said:
    If you want silence over anything then you have to get a SSD.

The silence over anything remark was for mouse and keyboard, anything referring to illuminated, gaming or sort. And even if a get a ssd i still need a hdd.
    And if a get an ssd i'd have to get a 128gb one, as having low loading time only for windows is pointless to me (i change cloths from street to house during).
    Plus i'm a patient person and don't mind the loading time. I will get and ssd somewhere in the future.

Anonymous said:
    Lol HDDs make about 5 decibels of noise. Even my crappy external hard drive cannot be heard from a few inches away

Drop the i5 to an i3 and get the 7870

As stated above, don't have the money for it. Hell, i will already eat only bread with mustard for a week just to get my keyboard and mouse. And I don't feel that a 7850 over a 7770 is worth the drop from i5 to i3.
  10. Oh, I see, I must have misunderstood.

Getting the SSD later sucks because you'll have to reinstall Windows onto it.
  11. yes, that will be an issue...i didn't think there would be a day when a mass storage device could be the bottleneck of a system.

Any thoughts on the monitor, keyboard and mouse? I know they are not performance related but they are the main way of feeling your PC, so they play an important role:)
  12. I'm not really into expensive keyboards and mouses but I do like monitors. I'd definitely recommend at least a 1920 x 1200 (not 1080) screen or an even bigger one.
  13. Best answer selected by Shodoman.
  14. Thanks for your answers! Made the purchase few minutes ago. Hope i'll be able to put together the whole thing.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Overclocking Systems