Reliable Agp 4x Video card for basic use

jones_012

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
I've got an old Computer With an Aopen AK77-333 Mainboard, that I'm looking to set up as a net-surfing machine. From what I can tell, it has a 4x Agp slot. Preferably, I'm looking to get a basic graphics card for it that would be reliable and economical, not really a performance card. It had originally had an e-tnt M64 in it, but that card stopped working. Any advice would be much appreciated.

jones_012

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
Thanks for the link, I would have to say that the JATON 3DFORCE6200Twin-LP seems like the better choice for me from this selection, as it appears to be a little higher performance than the 5200, yet costs a little less. As this system may see a bit of use on youtube, would the 6200 likely perform well enough for me to still enjoy the video quality there, or would it be somewhat lacking still? Also, given a choice of a couple different power supplies of varying wattage ratings, about what would be the lowest rated power supply that could be safely/feasibly used with the 6200? (granted, I would want to use a psu with a rating above that minimal figure, but since I don't have much experience in this area, I thought I would ask nonetheless. No sense in putting a 350watt psu in this case unless my hardware would have that kind of power consumption)

Wolfshadw

Titan
Youtube video should be fine, but not sure about how well HD video will play. Since your system previously held a graphics card with the current power supply, I'd say that the one you have will work with this card as well. Regardless, it won't hurt anything to put in a 350 watt PSU. The system will draw the same amount of power whether you have a 350 watt or a 750 watt PSU installed.

-Wolf sends