Im Currently running
I7 2600k 3.4Ghz
Asus P8Z68-V
ROG 580 matrix
8Gb (2x4) Corsair 1600 RAM
850W
Zalman Z11 Plus
2 x Western digital 1Tb

Now the problems, Playing Just cause 2 is runs at around 15 fps on the lowest settings, World of Warcraft around 30 on the lowest setting, (my old pc with 512mb graphics ran it better than this pc) Basically this graphics are was meant to run ANYTHING that was shot at it on Ultra+ settings ESPECIALLY WoW is lacking greatly and i now have no idea why, Bios is totally up to date, every driver is totally up to date. I now think this its hardware and something conflicting.

This is a brand new build, about 4 month old and has had this problem since the beginning any help would be greatly appreciated

Xbvalor

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
Ok thats done, on wow (lowest)30-40fps (Ultra) is 4-8fps on Just cause (lowest) 20-27fps (Ultra) around 3-7fps

Okay, we've crossed out one of candidates.

Could you open up the PC and confirm whether two power connectors are connected to your graphics card directly from your power supply unit?

G

Do you have another game to test? Or a benchmark? Your 580 should eat WoW and Just Cause.

Also, what resolution do you game at? Are you sure your card isn't over heating? Download GPU-Z to verify temps are within reason.

For reference, I use a GTX 460 at 1080p on Ultra and get 60+ FPS, 35-50 in raids...

Also try re-seating the card and blowing any dust out of the GPU fan.

let me know how that works.

A few more things to try is to use non windowed mode, make sure its on DX11, and see if you are using 64 bit client of WoW.

Xbvalor

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
yup had to buy a totally brand new power supply, its got 2 green onlights meaning its got full power. Another thing too my motherboard has build on graphics, do i need to disable it to make my actually GPU work ?

Thanks again

^

It's brand new, there won't be any dust. Shouldn't overheat either, not instantly.

Did you connect the monitor to the GRAPHICS CARD instead of your motherboard? If you didn't, there's your issue!

Xbvalor

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
Dirt 3 and portal 2 and Day-z all run at lowest setting just for me to play them the res is at 1440x 900 reccomended for my screen

At the moment the temps are;
GPU 35c
RAM 38c
Mobo 33
PSU 32

Just downloaded it then

Thanks alot for the help i'll take alook see if its seated right now
Thanks again! really really appreicate it

G

One question about the WoW part. Are you in a heavily populated city or a starter area? Keep in mind that WoW is heavily CPU dependent, not so much with the GPU.

Also make sure that vertical sync and triple buffering are off. If you could send a screenshot of where you are with the low fps and with the video settings that might help.

And try using the 64 bit client, it increased my FPS some.

EDIT: reload the drivers with the clean install option enabled under Custom.. hope that helps.

srftwhm

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
I'd go with clean install of drivers just to make sure everything is right you should be able to easily play both of those games at a constant 60fps or higher. My old gtx 260 smoked those games, definitely something is off post a screen cap of msi afterburner of gpu usage.

Xbvalor

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
just to let you all know this fluxuates, on wow now i'm runnin at near 100fps on ultra ( just restarted my pc if thats got anythnig to do with it)

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
It sounds like its switching between onboard and dedicated. 39c is idle temps

Please post a screenshot of Afterburner itll tell us all the important details....

Drivers, if its connected, gpu usage etc...