USB to Serial Adaptor Driver Required

Have purchased a Dolphin USB to Serial Adaptor Model
XH6451 to be used for car racing timing equipment for a
brand new Toshiba Satellite A30 - do you think we can get
it work ($3K later that is).

Cannot find a driver the will work with it anywhere.
Have heard XP has problems with loading the drivers but,
can't even find one to try on the Dolphin adaptor.

Can someone please help - can't keep lap timing records,
etc. and try to win a series with no recordings.

Thanks guys
1 answer Last reply
More about serial adaptor driver required

    This problem is often seen..... and not often overcome.

    A USB device has hard coding in it to actually tell the PC what it is that
    is connecting to it. Old serial devices do not have that hard coding
    written in to them.... therefore the poor old PC has absolutely no idea what
    it is you are trying to connect.

    It is probably not your adapter that is at fault, it is your timing
    equipment. Is there perhaps a later device you can purchase that is USB?

    There is one single reference to the Dolphin adapter I found on the web....
    http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:8MwQI2agVSoJ:203.147.170.134/Forum/Archive/2003_2/4298.asp+XH6451&hl=en

    It talks about the adapter coming with a floppy drive for the correct
    drivers. Do you have this disk? If you can install the drivers, you may be
    able to get the timing equipment working. (An if, but a possibility).

    If the Satellite A30 does not have a floppy drive, perhaps you can use
    another PC and copy the contents of the disk to a CD and install that way.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com
    "Racer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Have purchased a Dolphin USB to Serial Adaptor Model
    > XH6451 to be used for car racing timing equipment for a
    > brand new Toshiba Satellite A30 - do you think we can get
    > it work ($3K later that is).
    >
    > Cannot find a driver the will work with it anywhere.
    > Have heard XP has problems with loading the drivers but,
    > can't even find one to try on the Dolphin adaptor.
    >
    > Can someone please help - can't keep lap timing records,
    > etc. and try to win a series with no recordings.
    >
    > Thanks guys

Drivers USB Device Driver Windows XP