Sign in with
Your question

How does build look? Any concerns or advice?

Last response: in Systems
November 1, 2012 12:26:47 AM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($31.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($287.55 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $840.48
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

I don't plan on overclocking, Just mainly gaming I am having trouble deciding between which PSU.
I will not be adding another gpu until I make a entirely new build.
I have narrowed it down to 2 cases, Fractal Arc Midi or the CM 692 Advanced

More about : build concerns advice

November 1, 2012 12:53:06 AM

You don't need 620w. Seasonic make very good PSU's. Save yourself $30 and get the XFX 550w. It's made by Seasonic.
m
l
Related resources
November 1, 2012 12:53:09 AM

strife_ff7 said:
You don't need a cpu cooler the stock will be fine. Now if it gets hot in your room in the summer then get a cpu cooler but just get the cm hyper 212 plus $20 http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=41337&vpn=RR%2DB10%2D2...

Umm I don't think it gets hots in my room but do you know how much better the evo is than the stock cooler?
m
l
November 1, 2012 12:53:57 AM

malbluff said:
You don't need 620w. Seasonic make very good PSU's. Save yourself $30 and get the XFX 550w. It's made by Seasonic.

Ya but it isn't modular also the 520W seasonic is 15$ cheaper I was wondering about the antec basiq plus 550w?
m
l
November 1, 2012 12:58:11 AM

Go for the Antec Earthwatts 650W, it's $40 with a mail in rebate right now, and is the same tier as an XFX 550W. More watts, cheaper, and same tier. It's also more efficient.
m
l
November 1, 2012 1:04:05 AM

sonicers said:
Go for the Antec Earthwatts 650W, it's $40 with a mail in rebate right now, and is the same tier as an XFX 550W. More watts, cheaper, and same tier. It's also more efficient.

But it isn't modular, yes I can be creative with the cable management, but being modular makes it that much better and cleaner.
m
l
November 1, 2012 1:06:57 AM

liltwizzler said:
Umm I don't think it gets hots in my room but do you know how much better the evo is than the stock cooler?

The evo is a good bit better than the stock cpu cooler but you're not overclocking and your room doesn't get hot so you don't need it. The stock will keep your cpu at a safe temperature.
m
l
November 1, 2012 1:08:06 AM

The Antec is quite good, but wouldn't say AS good as Seasonic. If you want modular, perhaps the Antec is slightly better value, but wouldn't say there's much in it.
m
l
November 1, 2012 1:16:09 AM

strife_ff7 said:
The evo is a good bit better than the stock cpu cooler but you're not overclocking and your room doesn't get hot so you don't need it. The stock will keep your cpu at a safe temperature.

Do you know what the difference in cooling stock offers compared to evo? I guess what I am really asking is, is it worth it for 30 bucks to have a better solution than the stock fan?
m
l
November 1, 2012 1:16:51 AM

malbluff said:
The Antec is quite good, but wouldn't say AS good as Seasonic. If you want modular, perhaps the Antec is slightly better value, but wouldn't say there's much in it.

I guess I will stay with the 620.
m
l
November 1, 2012 10:17:07 AM

liltwizzler said:
Do you know what the difference in cooling stock offers compared to evo? I guess what I am really asking is, is it worth it for 30 bucks to have a better solution than the stock fan?

Provided PC isn't in a very hot environment, the only advantage to an AM cooler is, because they cool more efficiently, and designed for high cooling requirements, the fan doesn't have to run as fast, and tends to be a bit quieter. Whether that's worth $30 depends how much a small noise reduction is worth.
m
l
November 1, 2012 12:00:23 PM

malbluff said:
Provided PC isn't in a very hot environment, the only advantage to an AM cooler is, because they cool more efficiently, and designed for high cooling requirements, the fan doesn't have to run as fast, and tends to be a bit quieter. Whether that's worth $30 depends how much a small noise reduction is worth.

Ah ok, I'm just wondering because everyone always suggests a AM cooler because they say the Stock cooler sucks even if you aren't OC'ing.
m
l
November 1, 2012 12:47:57 PM

liltwizzler said:
Ah ok, I'm just wondering because everyone always suggests a AM cooler because they say the Stock cooler sucks even if you aren't OC'ing.

No. Stock cooler is fine, in "normal" environment. Put it this way, I tend to advise an AM cooler, for people in India, if they haven't got air conditioning. Other than that, they're just a bit quieter.
m
l
November 1, 2012 7:53:47 PM

malbluff said:
No. Stock cooler is fine, in "normal" environment. Put it this way, I tend to advise an AM cooler, for people in India, if they haven't got air conditioning. Other than that, they're just a bit quieter.

Haha ok :D  Thanks That saves me 30$ there.
m
l
!