Just a quick question.

Jogita

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
So today, my friend's computer broke down and he bought a new one. I took his old one to make a temporary build. I inserted an Nvidia GeForce 9600GT (Mainly because he did not have a Graphics Card...), 4GB of RAM, and I put my hard drives in. When I boot up the computer and get to the point where you see "Starting up Windows", it just shuts off, comes back on, and says that the computer was unable to start (Obviously). I pressed the "Startup Fix" thing, and even that didn't work. I did the same process until I came up to a new question where it told me "Do you want to restore the startup disk" thing. I pressed "Proceed". Right now, it is currently fixing the errors.

The question I am asking is, can this be fixable, or is his computer really broken? If it is, what part is broken? (I'm not asking so I can buy a new one. I'm already buying a new build soon. This is my temporary one)

I do not know the name of the processor he is currently using. Before it broke down, he was using Windows Vista (Which my Hard drives were used on Windows 7 Ultimate).

Solution
... Very easily fixable. You need to reinstall windows - it was installed with your old hardware. Once you re-install it, it'll work fine.

Jogita

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
The question is... How? I cannot even bypass the "Starting Windows". It will just freeze for half a second, then it will reboot.

EDIT: I booted the CD-ROM, and so far it's working. So I guess you were right.

EDIT2: Windows 7 was installed successfully. I'm not too happy though since I will have to reinstall all of my games... It is all temporary though, as I will have to do the same process once my build is ordered.

Thank you!