No bootscreen when turning on computer?

meh

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
Hey guys I recently built a new rig and have had no problems so far, but just the other day (even up til now), when I turn on the computer I do not see the standard post screens or even the Windows 7 loading screen. However my computer DOES boot into Windows 7 just fine and everything works as usual. But this is bothering me because if I need to make any changes to the BIOS I can't. Does anyone know how to fix this? To clarify though, computer is not hooked up to a monitor, but to an 32" Toshiba LCD TV. It's been hooked up this way since I built the rig though.

Specs that matter:

i5 2500k
GA-Z68XP-UD3P
ZOTAC GTX 460 1GB SLI (tried switching HDMI cables between the two cards, no difference)
G.Skill DDR3 16GB RAM
OCZ Vertex 3 60GB (Windows 7 boot drive)

meh

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
Yup it shows no problem with a monitor. I've looked at my TV settings and there really isn't anything to play with in terms of settings that would cause problems really.

meh

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
Ok this is driving me crazy now. I hooked up an older Viewsonic 20" LCD monitor. First time I did it I could see the boot stuff did appear, but now neither screen shows anything. And F12 doesn't do anything either, no. =\