Sign in with
Your question

Monitor wont turn wake

Last response: in Systems
November 1, 2012 4:26:06 AM

I replaced my mobo today and now my monitor wont turn on. the diode is orange all the time, unless i unplug the vga cord. Then it says check video cord. I am running a custom built computer specs below.

asus a8m2n-la motherboard
4gigs ram
amd athlon x64
2 sata hdds totaling 410gigs storage
integrated nvidia graphics

I have replaced the power supply so i know that is not the problem. at one point the monitor did wake and it said system fan has failed, so i replaced my cpu and chassis fan.

More about : monitor wont turn wake

November 1, 2012 5:12:46 AM

GuardianMonster said:
I replaced my mobo today and now my monitor wont turn on. the diode is orange all the time, unless i unplug the vga cord. Then it says check video cord. I am running a custom built computer specs below.

asus a8m2n-la motherboard
4gigs ram
amd athlon x64
2 sata hdds totaling 410gigs storage
integrated nvidia graphics

I have replaced the power supply so i know that is not the problem. at one point the monitor did wake and it said system fan has failed, so i replaced my cpu and chassis fan.

Try re-seating the RAM (taking it out and putting it back in again). That sometimes helps. If that doesn't, try to find a RAM stick to borrow and test out.
m
l
November 1, 2012 5:26:10 AM

i stuck in several different ram chips and re-seated the current ones, my monitor still will not wake. i am fearing a faulty vga port on mobo.
m
l
November 1, 2012 5:45:35 AM

I work at a computer store, and my boss would be getting a replacement mobo at this stage. You might just have a faulty one.
m
l
!