Shivago

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Hello,

I have a rather noob question(s) regarding SLI. I have recently acquired a couple of new(to me) vid cards. A Zotac GTX 570 1280 MB and an EVGA GTX 560 / 2048 MB. Can these two cards run in SLI? If they cant which card do I want to go with to create SLI for myself? If at all relevant I also have EVGA 460GTX 2048MB. If there is any other info I can give that will help please let me know

Thanks to you all I am up and running again! Well after the most painful diagnosis it came down to a misunderstanding between two audio drivers! I am currently using the corsair vengeance 1500 gaming headset. A FANTASTIC headset extremely comfortable detailed with 7.1 ss. BUT this particular headset comes with its own drivers what I had to do was disable my on-board sound via device mgr. As soon as I did that BOOYA not one single crash or freeze up!! It was coming here that helped me be thorough enough to spot the problem, thanks again TH for providing a place for us to come in our times of despair :)

No, you can't SLI those two cards. With Nvidia, you can't mismatch GPU's like AMD/ATI.

You MUST have an IDENTICAL card for an SLI configuration. It would also be better if you have the same amount of memory on your cards as well :)

"Can I mix and match graphics cards that have different GPUs?

No. For example, an XXXGT cannot be paired with a XXXGTX in an SLI configuration."

That's from the NVIDIA site (SLI FAQ).

*The only way to use BOTH of those cards is to use the 570 as the main card and designate the 560 as a PhysX card.

It would make a huge difference for PhysX games, especially the upcoming Borderlands 2.

DeusAres

Distinguished

Not necessarily identical, they just need to have the same gpu. For example, the msi gtx 570 can be run in SLI with a galaxy gtx 570.

Shivago

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

this is my current spec: yes my res is set to 1920-1080(1080p)
AMD 8120 FX
Sabertooth 990FX
Zotac GTX 570/1280MB
or
EVGA GTX 560/2048MB
RX-850AE PSU
Patriot Viper 1866mhz 16GB(4x4)
Hitachi sata 7200rpm 2TB
Corsair 90GB SSD
Corsair Vengence1500 Headset(audio driver)
Asus Blu-Ray 12x
Windows 7 professional(32)

thanks VERY much for any and all help :)

Shivago

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
sorry for keeping post open so long. i went with aand bought a second 560GTX have them running in SLI loving it. my question has morphed a little bit now my question is can I use the 570 in my 3rd spot and dedicate it as a physix card? so I will have SLI'd GTX560's (EVGA) and a GTX570 as a dedicated physix card? possible?

Again thank you very much for all your responses.

Yes.