No signal for Samsung 2233rz

bluo1

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
Hello,

I recently purchased a Samsung Syncmaster 2233rz. What's weird is that I immediately plugged it into my Geforce 7600 GS video card's DVI slot, and it came up just fine! THEN! I plugged in my dell lcd to the VGA slot of the video card and the 2233rz screen turned black and it is giving me a blinking blue power light (no signal?). Now, it just won't detect that I've even got a monitor plugged into the DVI slot. Only VGA works. HELP!!

blakwidowrsa

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
I had the same issue but with a 8400GS. Plug out the dell and Use windows's screen resolution (right click on desktop) and click detect. It should show a white extra screen that says not connected, plug the dell in again, click the litttle white screen once and then underneath on Multiple displays select Try to connect anyway on vga, apply. It should force the display to be on now.

You should also just adjust the resolution to optimal.

bluo1

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
Sorry if i didn't sound clear enough, but its samsung which uses a DVI cable that doesn't work. The dell uses VGA and works fine. I've tried that already :( no go

bluo1

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
I'm almost sure that it's a problem with the DVI cable or the monitor. I just find it very odd that it actually worked for about 10 seconds, then when I plug in the dell into the VGA slot, the samsung immediately loses it's signal and is now undetectable :( any other suggestions?!

bluo1

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
Tried that at least 30 times and the sumsung (uses DVI) will just blink the power led. I'm starting to think that it's bad capacitors now. I'm not even able to bring up the menu on the samsung. Thanks for your help though.