Nvidia GT440
2.93Ghz i7
12gb RAM
96Gb SSD for the OS (Win 7 64bit)
7TB HDD (2x1.5, 2x2.0)
1080p 22" Samsung Syncmaster via DVI
55" LG LED via HDMI running as an extended display

What I use it for:
I dont game, I watch movies and TV shows from my PC HDD on my LED TV.

Other Details:
I have a 8600GT lying around, would that be of any help?

What I need to achieve:
I have started to do some video editing and am in the process of launching a website, I kinda need more than one monitor, so need to add a 3rd display...

1. Is there something I can do with the 8600GT?
2. If I buy another GT440 can I add a 3rd display?
3. If I need to buy a new graphic card, what would you recommend?
(Again, I do not game, I just need 3 displays to work, I do some video editing though, need to run Premiere Pro and After Effects, but just small 20-30 min videos )

Another Different Question, just out of curiosity...
My GT440 has 3 ports to the back, HDMI, DVI and VGA - I have done my research and know that all 3 cannot function simultaneously... that is correct right?

If I connected
1. TV to HDMI
2. 22" Monitor to VGA
3. 26-27" Monitor to DVI
Can I switch between any 2 without having to manually connect/disconnect the cables, I dont work and watch TV at the same time, so Id like to know if this is possible..

Sorry for the long post, just tried to give all the info I can... any help will be appreciated

Cursed4Eva

Best solution

a c 102 U Graphics card
September 5, 2012 6:22:29 AM

You are correct you cannot hook up three displays to your gt 440......Heres what you should do....since your board has multiple PCIE slots what you can do is basically just install the 8600gt into a free PCIE slot and install the drivers for the card.....then you should run the TV via HDMI to the GT 440 and the 22" monitor to the GT 440 via VGA and then the third display off of the 8600gt via DVI....this way you can use all three displays at once in any way you choose..windows supports multiple display adapters no problem....its nice cuz you do not need to buy another card.
September 5, 2012 7:16:32 AM

Thanks a lot for your reply brother, I wasnt aware of this, I was under the impression that the only way to use multiple display adapters is to use SLI... Dumb me :D 

Here comes the next issue, my 8600GT has a small crack near the fan which leads to a low hum thats audible in the night, which is when I usually work (at peace :D ) so if I were to buy another card, just to power the 3rd monitor, what would be the best, as in cheapest w/o losing any performance... all I will use the 3rd display is for is to have websites open for reference, say am learning something and working on a program, the monitor is gonna have a webpage or pdf file open thats all...

Another question I have is HDMI Splitters... I will not be using the extra monitor and TV at the same time, what if I were to use a splitter and mirror the TV and the monitor... I can turn on the TV if am watching a movie, I can turn on the monitor if am working... am I missing anything here?
Related resources
a c 290 U Graphics card
September 5, 2012 9:05:17 AM

Anything will work without performance degradation really. Powering a monitor doesn't consume almost any power from even the weakest cards.

Though, make sure it's an Nvidia card. Nvidia + AMD don't really get along in the same machine.
September 5, 2012 11:32:36 AM

Thank you so will use the 8600gt for now and buy a different card for the other monitor... one really noobish question, using the 8600gt or a lower card for the other monitor will not affect premiere pro or after fx performance right? (I know you said it wont degrade performance but just double checking)
a c 290 U Graphics card
September 5, 2012 12:23:01 PM

Are those programs GPU accelerated? If so, it might if it's displaying (not during rendering though). But since you have 2 monitors hooked up on the main card, you can just drag the window to the other monitor!

When I said it won't degrade performance I meant general PC speed in windows, browser responsiveness or movie playback quality.
September 5, 2012 12:34:17 PM

Sunius said:
Are those programs GPU accelerated? If so, it might if it's displaying (not during rendering though). But since you have 2 monitors hooked up on the main card, you can just drag the window to the other monitor!

When I said it won't degrade performance I meant general PC speed in windows, browser responsiveness or movie playback quality.

Perfect! I can use the card just for web sites and pdfs perfect!!! Thanks a lot bro :) 
a c 290 U Graphics card
September 5, 2012 2:38:50 PM

No problems ;) .
September 12, 2012 2:18:21 AM

Best answer selected by cursed4eva.
!