Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Intel i5 3570K Build, GPU - HD 7770?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 5, 2012 3:06:56 AM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Sometime In November-December

BUDGET RANGE: $200 After Taxes And Shipping

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, Watching Movies, And Rendering Movies To Post On YouTube

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Asus HD 6670 (it was actually a temp so I could play Battlefield 3 Lol); Corsair GS 700

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: Cooler Master Elite With Intel i5 3570K, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair XMS 8GB 1600 Mhz, Western Digital Black Cavier 1TB, Windows 7, LG DVD/CD Drive

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Amazon, Frys, And Best Buy

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: United States of America

PARTS PREFERENCES: Fan; Maybe Some Nice Heat Sinks On It; Asus

OVERCLOCKING: Yes

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1080p

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: My friend actually gave me her HD 6670 to do a temp's job of playing Battlefield 3 which it does very nicely on Ultra, 64 Man; but I also play The Witcher 2, Diablo III, StarCraft II, The Sims 3 (Up to the newest expansion pack), Star Wars: The Old Republic, Dragon Age II, Medal of Honor, Skyrim, F.E.A.R. series, Dead Space series; so I want something that can do DX11 games very nicely. Now please, don't say anything that's going to be over my budget and tell me to save more money. I don't like to spend more than $200 on GPU's to tell no difference; I also don't want old technology as well.

I was wondering if HD 7770 was the best bang for it's buck. I just want 30+ FPS in these games, high-max settings since I can't tell 60 FPS and 30 FPS, they both exactly the same to me. When it dips into the 20's a bit, I can start to tell. But 30+ FPS is smooth for me. Thank you for your help and suggestions as well.

P.S. No NVIDIA, I don't like those cards that much, sorry.

More about : intel 3570k build gpu 7770

Best solution

September 5, 2012 3:17:14 AM

Certainly. I have the HD 7770 myself and that thing works like a charm and the price was great. I automatically assume that you're getting the card from Newegg, I got the Sapphire edition on Newegg for about $140.00, and I'm beyond impressed with it.
Also, the cooling on this version of the card is great.
a b U Graphics card
September 5, 2012 3:24:02 AM

aokigahara said:
Certainly. I have the HD 7770 myself and that thing works like a charm and the price was great. I automatically assume that you're getting the card from Newegg, I got the Sapphire edition on Newegg for about $140.00, and I'm beyond impressed with it.
Also, the cooling on this version of the card is great.

If you order today you can buy a gtx 480 which blows the radeon 7770 for $160!
Score
Related resources
September 29, 2012 4:25:13 AM

Best answer selected by Adsuki.
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
September 29, 2012 2:17:42 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!