Sign in with
Your question

Darksiders 2 Graphical Issues

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 5, 2012 4:04:21 AM

I'm having an issue with Darksiders 2 where for some unknown reason the terrain is transparent, the backdrop appears fine but through the mist on the very first level the terrain is see through, I can't find anywhere with a solution, I updated my drivers and re installed Dx11 but the problem persists, also screenshot:

September 5, 2012 4:14:05 AM

Do you happen to have an AMD video card? Let us know your specs. Quite possibly a driver issue, might need to go to an older driver set.

But again post your specs and maybe we can find out if something is conflicting.
September 5, 2012 4:16:40 AM

Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD Athlon II X2 270 Processor, 3400 Mhz 2 Cores
4Gb of Ram
AMD Radeon HD 6790
Hitachi something or other 1tb HDD
620W Corsair PSU
Related resources
September 5, 2012 4:29:31 AM

And are you running the 12.8 drivers?

That is a weird graphical anomaly.

Have you checked your temperatures running the game? Maybe your card is overheating.

I know from what I've heard the game really doesn't have any graphical settings to change aside from resolution and v-sync.

If you have V-Sync on try turning it off.
September 5, 2012 4:31:31 AM

Yep, 12.8 drivers temps are fine and this problem persists with v-sync turned off.
September 5, 2012 4:34:48 AM

Hmmm, try checking your Steam cache.

Right click the game on steam go to properties >> local files >> and click verify integrity of game cache.

Maybe a file is corrupted. I doubt it because it probably wouldn't start but this is the first step we can take.
a b U Graphics card
September 5, 2012 4:36:06 AM

Incidentally, your image code doesn't work. The text between the
September 5, 2012 4:43:14 AM

This is a non-steam game for me, but I can tell you that configs/crashes/debug saves/logs/webkit and world folders are all empty, which seems a little odd.
September 10, 2012 10:38:17 AM

Do You Even Lift said:
This is a non-steam game for me, but I can tell you that configs/crashes/debug saves/logs/webkit and world folders are all empty, which seems a little odd.

HAD A VIDEO ISSUE BOOTING THE GAME, TRANSPARENT LANDSCAPE AND BACKGROUND - I just opened the ATI control center and used those to over-ride the in game settings (as there is only resolution in-game). I've seen people saying to disable AA....and that working. I just maxed out all the settings in the AMD controls and it fixed it for me.

Hopefully this helps if needed (or with any other vid issues)

!