Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Lag
  • Games
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 5, 2012 6:55:58 AM

Hello,

HI I replaced my motherboard under Warranty (same MOBO version) few days ago N after installing that my each n every game is lagging. even the games which I used to play smoothly as well lagging. worst of all online small games are as well lagging.
I dont what to do I am thinking its the RAM issue or processor overheating because thermal paste on processor is gone

More about : games lagging plz

a b Î Nvidia
September 5, 2012 7:21:16 AM

same MB version but same BIOS ? or perhaps you need to install the mother board drivers that came with the disc ?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
September 5, 2012 7:24:28 AM

Did you install all of the drivers that came with the motherboard? What are your full system specs?

What games are you trying to play and at what resolution? What are your temperatures?
m
l
Related resources
September 5, 2012 7:50:44 AM

System specs: 1 Gygabyte G31 Board
2 core 2 duo 2.8 GHZ
3 DDR 2 , 2GB RAM
4 Antec 450W PSU
5 NVDIA GTS 450 1024 MB GFX card
6 WD 75GB HDD
m
l
September 5, 2012 8:19:24 AM

Adding onto your thermal paste comment; did you actually put new paste on?
m
l
September 5, 2012 8:35:14 AM

swifty_morgan said:
same MB version but same BIOS ? or perhaps you need to install the mother board drivers that came with the disc ?

Hi Now it has gone even worse

as now i am just surfing on net and still getting Blue screen error saying "dumping physical memory to disk"

I am damn pissed cuz I dont have money to do upgrades and my exams are 2 weeks later so I need my machine working

so plz help me out

and what did u say about BIOS? i didnt get it.
m
l
September 5, 2012 8:36:41 AM

Herr_Koos said:
Adding onto your thermal paste comment; did you actually put new paste on?

Nope I have'nt but till this evening I ll be done with that
m
l

Best solution

September 5, 2012 8:39:35 AM

Switch off that PC right away!

No thermal paste = instant CPU overheating. You could be damaging your system. NEVER run a CPU without thermal paste.
September 5, 2012 8:39:43 AM

Deemo13 said:
Did you install all of the drivers that came with the motherboard? What are your full system specs?

What games are you trying to play and at what resolution? What are your temperatures?

I am using same MOBO drivers that came along with original board

assassins creed was working smoothly but it lags now

also Ghost recon and Max payne 3 are as well installed with the same issue
m
l
September 5, 2012 8:45:01 AM

Herr_Koos said:
Switch off that PC right away!

No thermal paste = instant CPU overheating. You could be damaging your system. NEVER run a CPU without thermal paste.

My PC some times freezes And sometimes powers down as i start games.

ok I am going to get that paste. bur one more question

as my processor has previous paste's gray remains on it can i just clean it with cloth and apply new one?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
September 5, 2012 3:55:04 PM

You need to put new thermal paste on the card.
m
l
September 5, 2012 4:53:26 PM

Herr_Koos said:
You need to clean it off with pure alcohol or something close to it. Use a soft cloth that doesn't leave bits behind. I suggest you read the stickies in the CPU forum.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/333968-28-thermal-pas...

Hi, I am done with thermal paste. But it still laggs :( 
m
l
September 5, 2012 7:41:15 PM

Please explain what you did?
m
l
September 6, 2012 7:11:34 AM

Herr_Koos said:
Please explain what you did?

I cleaned the CPU & heat sink properly then applied a thin layer of new solution and joined them together then let it dry for for a hour after that I started the PC it still giving me Blue screen error. now I am formatting & in stalling new copy of Win. 7

Hope it works...
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
September 6, 2012 7:12:39 AM

You aren't supposed to let it dry......
m
l
September 6, 2012 7:55:40 AM

Deemo13 said:
You aren't supposed to let it dry......

Well, he did say that was after he joined the CPU to the heatsink..
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
September 6, 2012 8:07:40 AM

make sure the ram is in the right slots and running at the right speeds............. you should try to clear the cmos once and see what happens. make sure all connections are secure. remove and replace all. take the sata cable and try a different slot on the motherboard.
m
l
September 7, 2012 4:26:28 AM

swifty_morgan said:
make sure the ram is in the right slots and running at the right speeds............. you should try to clear the cmos once and see what happens. make sure all connections are secure. remove and replace all. take the sata cable and try a different slot on the motherboard.

Hi,

I am running "geekbench 2 tryout" for ram speed test as I have started to run the test My mouse has started lagging.
m
l
September 9, 2012 10:04:02 AM

Best answer selected by shree7.
m
l
!