Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help me build a gaming PC under 1000 $

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 1, 2012 6:28:30 PM

Well first to say I am from Serbia, Europe and I have a buged of 800 euros that 1034 dollars. So far I have though of a build like this:
Mobo: AsRock z77 extreme 4 or gigabyte ud3h - the first one is 157$ the second is 174$
Cpu: i5 3570k - 250$
Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO 38$
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 8gb - 45$
Gpu: Sapphire 7870 2gb Ghz edition - 260$
HDD: SEAGATE 1TB 64MB 7k SATA300 ST1000DM003 Barracuda - 90$ (heard it may produce clicking noise, but I don't know if it is true)
Psu: Seasonic 620gb - 121$
Case: CM Elite 430 - 51$
Total is: 1012 with AsRock mobo and 1029 with the Gigabyte one.


Well some friends told me I should get a better case and an SSD but problem is I got no more money, so are these 2 really neccesary or I should drop them. And if I have to get them what of the parts above should I change for some less expensive ones?

More about : build gaming 1000

November 1, 2012 6:38:06 PM

stefan37 said:
Well first to say I am from Serbia, Europe and I have a buged of 800 euros that 1034 dollars. So far I have though of a build like this:
Mobo: AsRock z77 extreme 4 or gigabyte ud3h - the first one is 157$ the second is 174$
Cpu: i5 3570k - 250$
Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO 38$
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 8gb - 45$
Gpu: Sapphire 7870 2gb Ghz edition - 260$
HDD: SEAGATE 1TB 64MB 7k SATA300 ST1000DM003 Barracuda - 90$ (heard it may produce clicking noise, but I don't know if it is true)
Psu: Seasonic 620gb - 121$
Case: CM Elite 430 - 51$
Total is: 1012 with AsRock mobo and 1029 with the Gigabyte one.


Well some friends told me I should get a better case and an SSD but problem is I got no more money, so are these 2 really neccesary or I should drop them. And if I have to get them what of the parts above should I change for some less expensive ones?



You already did the work for us. An SSD isnt necessary right now. And they are expensive still. The case is up to you. Just read the reviews and make sure it has good airflow and will fit your gpu and stuff.
November 1, 2012 6:43:21 PM

stefan37 said:
Well first to say I am from Serbia, Europe and I have a buged of 800 euros that 1034 dollars. So far I have though of a build like this:
Mobo: AsRock z77 extreme 4 or gigabyte ud3h - the first one is 157$ the second is 174$
Cpu: i5 3570k - 250$
Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO 38$
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 8gb - 45$
Gpu: Sapphire 7870 2gb Ghz edition - 260$
HDD: SEAGATE 1TB 64MB 7k SATA300 ST1000DM003 Barracuda - 90$ (heard it may produce clicking noise, but I don't know if it is true)
Psu: Seasonic 620gb - 121$
Case: CM Elite 430 - 51$
Total is: 1012 with AsRock mobo and 1029 with the Gigabyte one.


Well some friends told me I should get a better case and an SSD but problem is I got no more money, so are these 2 really neccesary or I should drop them. And if I have to get them what of the parts above should I change for some less expensive ones?


I would for sure try to get a better case - the Elite 430 is about as basic and stripped down of a case as you can get. If you post the site you're buying from we can suggest parts, if you don't know of one check the link in my signature.
Related resources
November 1, 2012 7:01:42 PM

stefan37 said:
Well here is the link http://www.itsvet.com/komponente but problem is the whole site is in Serbian. But when you enter in one of the categories you can see the brand names and prices.
Here is link for cases: http://www.itsvet.com/kategorija/kucista/comp_comp_case , you can see the brand names on the left.
And here is link for HDD: http://www.itsvet.com/kategorija/hard-diskovi/comp_comp... , brands are on left also


Here is the case I would suggest: http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/antec-three-hundred/comp...

Or: http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/nzxt-tempest-410/comp_co...

Also make sure you get low profile RAM - the tall heat sinks on the Vengeance RAM won't do much, try this: http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/mushkin-8gb-(2x4gb)-1600mhz-ddr3-silverline-997002/comp_comp_ram/783/1834

And for HD's the one you picked is fine.
November 1, 2012 7:08:24 PM

What about Kingston HyperX? And Cooler Master Haf 912?
November 1, 2012 7:19:58 PM

I have this case, exsept mine is windowed. I LOVE IT!!! However, keep in mind, if you're going to install a watercooler, remember that the case was made for an intel chipset, so its a pain in the butt to put a backplate to hold your cooler in place on a AMD System because it covers the uppet 2 holes on the MoBo. You're installing a i5 so you're good!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Also, you might like this SSHD better than the 1TB drive, so much faster!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I think the slightly more $$ is worth it, I'm going that route myself for a SSHD. I'd say, save up the extra, it's so nice having a responsive system.
November 1, 2012 7:37:29 PM

stefan37 said:
What about Kingston HyperX? And Cooler Master Haf 912?


The HAF 912 is a great case - if you can get that one go for it. The Hyper X RAM is usually rated at 1.65V which makes it unsuitable for Sandy Bridge / Ivy Bridge builds.

Quote:

Also, you might like this SSHD better than the 1TB drive, so much faster!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 7&Tpk=SSHD


Absolutely not on a desktop build - you won't see any performance benefit from it. Get a real SSD instead.

Quote:
I have this case, exsept mine is windowed. I LOVE IT!!! However, keep in mind, if you're going to install a watercooler, remember that the case was made for an intel chipset, so its a pain in the butt to put a backplate to hold your cooler in place on a AMD System because it covers the uppet 2 holes on the MoBo. You're installing a i5 so you're good!


Um what? Cases aren't made for one CPU or the other. If you have problems installing a backplate for your cooler - you probably installed the motherboard incorrectly. That case is a good suggestion but Newegg won't ship to Serbia.
November 1, 2012 8:06:36 PM

g-unit1111 said:
The HAF 912 is a great case - if you can get that one go for it. The Hyper X RAM is usually rated at 1.65V which makes it unsuitable for Sandy Bridge / Ivy Bridge builds.

Quote:

Also, you might like this SSHD better than the 1TB drive, so much faster!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 7&Tpk=SSHD


Absolutely not on a desktop build - you won't see any performance benefit from it. Get a real SSD instead.

Quote:
I have this case, exsept mine is windowed. I LOVE IT!!! However, keep in mind, if you're going to install a watercooler, remember that the case was made for an intel chipset, so its a pain in the butt to put a backplate to hold your cooler in place on a AMD System because it covers the uppet 2 holes on the MoBo. You're installing a i5 so you're good!


Um what? Cases aren't made for one CPU or the other. If you have problems installing a backplate for your cooler - you probably installed the motherboard incorrectly. That case is a good suggestion but Newegg won't ship to Serbia.


Sorry, meant that the CPU cut out best fits the Intel Processors, they weren't thinking about the AMD users when designing this case. The cut out better fits the Intel design. It's better to install the back plate before placing the motherboard in if you have a AMD MoBo and CPU. Last I checked, all you have to do is line up the holes, I/O plate and the slots... I'm not an idiot lol. Well, I am sometimes. However, I do have common knowledge of Desktops. AMD has a long Rectangle cut out while intel has a square cut out... Look it up bro.

I almost bought a 128GB SSD because of how cheap they are right now, but I recently had the chance to use the SSHD, and I loved it! I think it's a great value, I have no Idea what your criteria exists on... Have you even been on a PC using the SSHD? I'd use a SSHD over a standard 7,200 RPM drive any day! However, since this person is on a budget, I will say that the 1TB drive will deliver enough performance needed for an average gamer.
November 1, 2012 8:17:13 PM

Quote:
Sorry, meant that the CPU cut out best fits the Intel Processors, they weren't thinking about the AMD users when designing this case. The cut out better fits the Intel design. It's better to install the back plate before placing the motherboard in if you have a AMD MoBo and CPU. Last I checked, all you have to do is line up the holes, I/O plate and the slots... I'm not an idiot lol. Well, I am sometimes. However, I do have common knowledge of Desktops. AMD has a long Rectangle cut out while intel has a square cut out... Look it up bro.


Huh, never heard of that before. You should definitely install your cooler before installing your motherboard, I definitely agree with that - it makes it 1,000,000 times easier. But that goes for both Intel and AMD builds, I've installed coolers in builds without removing the motherboard and it's incredibly difficult no matter what CPU or case you're using.

Quote:
I almost bought a 128GB SSD because of how cheap they are right now, but I recently had the chance to use the SSHD, and I loved it! I think it's a great value, I have no Idea what your criteria exists on... Have you even been on a PC using the SSHD? I'd use a SSHD over a standard 7,200 RPM drive any day! However, since this person is on a budget, I will say that the 1TB drive will deliver enough performance needed for an average gamer.


The thing is hybrid drives are meant for single bay laptops where the option for a second storage solution doesn't exist. Plus you have to get an adapter for them - installing 2.5" drives in 3.5" bays without one is never fun. Most people who get towers will want the SSD / HD combo and that will give you the most performance benefit and the best cost per GB of any storage solution you can think of and that's what I try to emphasize.
November 1, 2012 8:40:28 PM

With AMD, it's not difficult, It's impossible to fit the back plate with this type of cut out. It covers up 2 of the back plate holes.

As for the setup, I agree. A SSD for the OS and primary files Plus a HDD for storage is a great idea, however, for those of us who don't want to spend much money long term, the SSHD could be a better value.

Also, SSDs can burn out quick for those who don't know how to use them properly. I think the price to performance ratio right now is too much still! That is why I think a SSHD is a good value, It's faster than a HDD by a noticeable margin, but it's not at SSD speeds, but it caries more Gigs, and gives a better value. Maybe if you could get a 256gig drive for $100, it'd be a better value.
!