usb device not recognized

I have a USB mass storage device (RCA mp3 player) and that
worked great for 3 months, but one day windows xp said it
did not recognize it. Device Manager told me that no
driver had been installed. I reinstalled the device and
still have the same problem. I contacted RCA and they
replaced the hardware so that can be ruled out. Does
anyone have any clue how to remedy this? Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about device recognized

    How are your other USB devices working? Perhaps it's the USB drivers that
    have become corrupted.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Will" <wgunther@gwu.edu> wrote in message
    >I have a USB mass storage device (RCA mp3 player) and that
    > worked great for 3 months, but one day windows xp said it
    > did not recognize it. Device Manager told me that no
    > driver had been installed. I reinstalled the device and
    > still have the same problem. I contacted RCA and they
    > replaced the hardware so that can be ruled out. Does
    > anyone have any clue how to remedy this? Thanks!

Drivers USB Devices Windows XP